Ram Truck Question

/ Ram Truck Question #21  
On the Cummins, drive it like you stole! Try to avoid the start and stop type trips when possible. Maybe go 5 - 10 miles out of the way home to get to temp and good highway speeds. My 2014 3500 DRW Cummins doesn't see a trailer but a few times of the year. Never had a regen issue. Just get them up to temp and speed. Avoid idling and if you do, on the automatics, turn on cruise control, hit the set, idle should go to 1000 rpm. Hit the access up button to increase idle up to 1500 rpms! I do that in the winter when clearing the windows. Block heater helps a lot too. Turbo Diesel Register has a bunch of info on that forum with good bunch of knowledgeable members. Got 175K on mine and had 130K when I got it. Love the truck. Got old school aluminum running boards on mine and make getting in easier.

/ Ram Truck Question #22  
Good deal. That's just what I wanted to know. I ordered them a couple of days ago along with all the Weathertech gear. I sure do like that truck so far. After driving a half ton truck for years I finally own a real man's truck.
I used to have a 03 ram 2500 2 door long bed 2wd. I sold it to get a 06 ram 1500 4 door short 4WD. That way I could drive the kids around in it too. 3 outta the 4 kids drive in their own now so I ditched the 1500 and got a 2020 ram 2500 long bed 4WD. I never liked the 1500 a half ton truck is like a toy. I’ll never go under a 3/4 ton again. I also love the 8ft bed it’s a must. It so much more useful. I’ve had the 5.7 in the first two and I got the 6.4 in this one. I couldnt do the diesel it was too much of a price jump. Honestly for the amount I use it I think the gas motor is better for me. I daily drive a 03 tdi golf. That’s my poor boy diesel fix hahaha.

/ Ram Truck Question #23  
I bought my 2018 Ram 2500 Power Wagon ( Taco Wagon ) brand new. Talk about stiff joints and high trucks. So after all the necessary BS with the salesman - I was ready to drive it home.

The embarrassment of the occasion. I had to have help ( my son ) getting into my own Power Wagon. The very next day - a nice set of side steps.

/ Ram Truck Question #24  
If you don’t tow much, just take it for a 45 minute drive and get the DPF nice & hot.
Don’t idle unless you just romped on the engine. A nice few minutes to cool down, then turn off.

If you had the 2013-2019 Ram 2500 or 3500 diesel trucks it would be fairly easy to defeat the crappy emission equipment on the truck according to a recent article.

The Department of Justice accused Cummins of violating the Clean Air Act by installing engine components that defeated emission requirements in 630,000 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 pickup trucks for 2013 to 2019 models. The defeat devices were allegedly installed on 630,000 engines in 2013 to 2019 Ram 2500 and 3500 pickups, according to a Justice Department press release.

/ Ram Truck Question #25  
That doesn’t make a lot of sense since they didn’t really have emissions equipment until the calendar year 2017. 2017 was when they put DPF and EGR on them I think. Pre 2017 trucks were high pressure common rail but didn’t really have the other crap on them.

/ Ram Truck Question #26  
That doesn’t make a lot of sense since they didn’t really have emissions equipment until the calendar year 2017. 2017 was when they put DPF and EGR on them I think. Pre 2017 trucks were high pressure common rail but didn’t really have the other crap on them.
2012-13 saw DEF added to a lot of diesel engines
2008 was the year they all got DPF’s

/ Ram Truck Question #27  
You are correct, it must be too early for me. Take 10 years off my post and it’s correct and has nothing to do with the Cummins thing. My bad.

/ Ram Truck Question #28  
I'm slightly out of the line of the conversation here. But, I've had my '13 Ram 1500 w/ 5.7 Hemi since new. 2 weekends ago it started loosing power and I got a check engine light. I took it to a shop and I called to check on it yesterday. My heads, cam and lifters are at a machine shop. Sad day. It sounds like there is a valve train issue causing no combustion in one cylinder. It's got 130,000 or so miles on it. It's been a great truck until this little setback.

/ Ram Truck Question #29  
I bought my 2018 Ram 2500 Power Wagon ( Taco Wagon ) brand new. Talk about stiff joints and high trucks. So after all the necessary BS with the salesman - I was ready to drive it home.

The embarrassment of the occasion. I had to have help ( my son ) getting into my own Power Wagon. The very next day - a nice set of side steps.

I am not a fan of the way the steps break the lines of the truck, but without them I'd be left on the ground. My poor wife had a stool she uses to reach the steps...

🤣

/ Ram Truck Question #30  
2013 started the DEF and DPF with EGR. One thing to remember is if you defeat the emissions systems, that's not a state thing, that's a federal law! You could be checked at any time no matter when driving on an interstate highway. Be careful with yours words as they're look I ng for comments to then check up on them. I'm just saying.