RAIN!!!!!!

/ RAIN!!!!!! #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
FINALLY, for the first time in around 2 months we got some rain that lasted for more than a couple hours today!

I was planning to come home, flip on the TV and be lazy on a Friday, but it ended up being much more fun:

On my way home, I took part in extreme Dodge dually powersliding at every turn right after the rain started (god I love doing that!), got home, pulled some stuff out of my pockets and took off my nice shirt and grabbed my keys and ran out and got on my tractor!

Before today I didn't realize how much of a difference a little wet soil makes. There were a lot of holes and ruts in the pasture that I needed to fill, so I figured I might as well get a little wet and do it now then have to wait until the next time the ground was wet (which will probably be another month with our current drought!) to do it.

4WD, tire spinning, mud flying everywhere, I was having a great time. I got a lot of work done, and hopefully the soil will be damp enough that by tomorrow I can still keep working. The dirt scoop had a MUCH easier time getting into the dirt, I couldn't believe it!

Anyway, anyone else happy we finally got some rain?!

I live in Chapel Hill, thats pretty near Raleigh on the map.

us_clt_closeradar_plus_usen.jpg

/ RAIN!!!!!! #2  
Actually I created that rain, at least in Virginia. I had hay delivered from Pensylvania today - and the rain came as expected. :D

/ RAIN!!!!!! #3  
czechsonofagun said:
Actually I created that rain, at least in Virginia. I had hay delivered from Pensylvania today - and the rain came as expected. :D

Well, let me tell you how much we appreciate it! We even got our share in Georgia today. You're fairly awesome to get rain to move that far. Don't let us down, now. We'll need another soaker next week, please. :)

/ RAIN!!!!!! #4  
Im near roanoke, VA and we got 9/10" yesterday.. Im so excited. I may get to use the tractor to mow the yard ina few days..

I actually think i heard my grass (or what little was left of it) gasping for water as the drops fell.. HEHE

Brian

/ RAIN!!!!!! #5  
My wife just cleaned an area rug two days ago and it was just getting dry while living on the deck railing. Now it will take a few more days to dry out again... But so what? The rain was needed. The area of my newly (spring) seeded backyard that is now already plain dirt (stoopid grass eating tractor) is already dry. That's how hard my soil is - rain just washed off it.

/ RAIN!!!!!! #6  
I am in NW Georgia and it has been terrible this year. The meteorologists are referring to is as a 100 year drought for us. We got 11/4 inches yesterday and I just stood outside smiling while I got wet.

MarkV

/ RAIN!!!!!! #7  
[QUOTE='Bota Fan]Well, let me tell you how much we appreciate it! We even got our share in Georgia today. You're fairly awesome to get rain to move that far. Don't let us down, now. We'll need another soaker next week, please. :)[/QUOTE]

OK, I am gonna get my rain stick and dance in the moonlight to get more rain - or I will just keep my Jeep doorless to lure more rain to the area:)

/ RAIN!!!!!! #9  
I live near the "P" in Spartanburg. Right in the heart of it!:D

Today was my first day, too, operating the tractor in wet soil. WOW! It was much easier. I get to do more tomorrow!

/ RAIN!!!!!!
Hi Tony, glad to see you got your account working!

I wish I had some pictures, but my camera got left over at some family friends' house, so I can't share them tonight :(.

Today I worked a lot to continue filling up the ruts in the pasture, I sure did dig a lot of dirt up. 4WD is great to have with that dirt scoop I tell you, there is no way I could have done it with a 2WD machine. I'll try to post the pictures tomorrow!