Quick hitch for a 40hp tractor

/ Quick hitch for a 40hp tractor #1  

nyone

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 851
I'm sure there are plenty of us who have a quick hitch on here. This weekend while bashing my thumb taking a landscape rake off I decided it's time to get one.

I see lots of reviews where people are ripping the top hook bracket off. Anyone with a 40hp tractor that uses ground engaging implements use one of these? I'm mostly worried about my box blade grabbing a root and stopping the tractor, it did happen this weekend.

Tractor is a NH tc40. I live in the notheast so rocks and roots are everywhere. Fitting current attachments isnt a problem, I can weld.

/ Quick hitch for a 40hp tractor #2  
Euro hooks. Best thing ever. My Branson came standard with it and you can get them on Agristore USA or here at the forum via FitRite (@MtnViewRanch).

Pros:
- Super strong
- Super easy to use
- No frame in the way of hooking up PTO shaft or hydraulics
- Retains the ball joint and freedom of movement in all axis (contrary to PATs, which results in broken stuff)
- Doesn't extend the arms any further

Cons:
- If it didn't came standard, it requires cutting the current ends off and weld the Euro hooks. Personally, don't really see it as a Con.

As far as price goes, over here I can get a set for €140 + €5 for each set of balls. In the US, I believe in the $150 for a set of hooks without the balls on Agristore.

If you want some experience based in the US, members like @Avenger and @LouNY have them as well. Lou even got the top link hook to go with it.

12_EC1-1024x1024.jpg
IMG_20230518_162750.jpg
IMG_20230615_122615.jpg

/ Quick hitch for a 40hp tractor #3  
I do enjoy the hooks, much nicer then the regular quick hitchs.

/ Quick hitch for a 40hp tractor #4  
I have a Land Pride QH15 on both my tractors, 40HP and 75HP. Works great on both. I do have to adjust the top hook when hooking up, depending on the implement. The top pin on the arena drag is very tall compared to the Land Pride implements.

100_0914.JPG

/ Quick hitch for a 40hp tractor #5  
I added Euro Hooks to mine, had FitRite hydraulics out in California do the work, FitRite was very easy to work with and did everything he was supposed to do ! I have the category 1&2 hooks, it was expensive but makes hooking and unhooking heavy equipment much easier.
My tractor is LS, in some other countries they come standard with Euro Hooks but not in the USA, my dealer even tried to order a set through LS but for some unknown reason they don’t ship them over here, hopefully that will change someday.

I have sliding hooks which is also a big help when attempting to hook up, my hooks only slide about 2 1/2 inches, would be nice if they could slide about 6 inches but I’ve never actually seen any that slide over 3 1/2 inches.

/ Quick hitch for a 40hp tractor #6  
Pats easy hitch $200 or so on Amazon for me. I have 1 yr and 100 hrs on mine. No problems. - I change implements daily almost. Big improvement but you may have to extend the top link mount 4" as I did. Hook ups are a breeze.
A quick hitch works if all your implements have the same pin width

/ Quick hitch for a 40hp tractor
I do alreaty have factory sliding bottom arms. That does help. I would really hate to chop them off for euro hooks.

/ Quick hitch for a 40hp tractor
I have a Land Pride QH15 on both my tractors, 40HP and 75HP. Works great on both. I do have to adjust the top hook when hooking up, depending on the implement. The top pin on the arena drag is very tall compared to the Land Pride implements.

View attachment 824566
They are very proud of those landpride quick hitches. The cheapest I found was a bit over $500. Is that right?

/ Quick hitch for a 40hp tractor #9  
They are very proud of those landpride quick hitches. The cheapest I found was a bit over $500. Is that right?
They were not cheap. I bought both of mine over 10 years ago, so I have no idea what they are today.

/ Quick hitch for a 40hp tractor #10  
Have a 45hp Kioti. Did the Pat's quick hitch thing. They work ok. Quick hitch is the way to go in my opinion. Haven't had any problems. Did buy some CAT2 implements that I had to modify slightly. Quick hitch with a hydraulic top link. You will never look back.