Snow Attachments quick attach snowblower

/ quick attach snowblower
I'm on the Fairport Harbor side. I have the 2 sets of remotes on the tractor I had them installed this past spring. That is another reason I wanted a snowblower with hydraulic chute and deflector. I was looking at the SB72 it requires 35 hp, that is at least what the sales rep recommended for me.

/ quick attach snowblower #22  
GRRRRR!!!!!!!!

You have a transmission with 24 speeds 12 forward and 12 reverse.

Did he suggest the SB72 because your mule is 59 inches wide????
Did he mention that the open auger design of the SB72 will not clear snow very well and it will mound up on the snow blower as you push into deep snow pack while the impeller is rotating at 540RPM.

He also told you that the 35 horsepower needed for the 6 footer was enough???

The transmission on your mule needs power and you only have 40 HP total.

I would ask for a firm price on a 60 inch single stage meteor with the 16 inch snow blower rotor
Don't let him tell you it cannot be done as the Riest people do custom work like this.

Its up to you I guess but he is not helping you period. The savings in power for a single stage more than justify asking for a quote for a sixty inch single stage that you can add the hydraulics to later.
With your mule you have an estimated 35HP at the PTO. The 20+ percent savings created by eliminating the 5 blade snow blower impeller would want me to select the single stage unit in a wider 60 inch width.
Its worth the effort to ask for a quote for a 60 inch single stage unit.

A little secret for you, the open auger flights have no serrations in them to cut snow pack and that is why they will push the snow forward.

The single stage will tear right into the snow pack and as the mule advances in reverse it will continue to pull the snow into the center of the snow thrower.
===================================================================================

If he claims that he cannot have a 60 inch single stage made for you:

The Pronovost P720TRC model with the rotating impeller drum is the only model and brand that I would want you to invest in simply because of your lake snows and how heavy they can be.
The P720TRC requires a minimum of 25 horsepower to run it and the hydraulics for the chute, spout and the impeller drum rotation motor that uses a roller chain to rotate the impeller drum to the left or right to bypass the chute and spout.

The P720TRC 2 stage snow blower has a rotating impeller drum that permits the user to bypass the chute and spout entirely to prevent plugging.
You would need to have a double acting spool valve for the hydraulic drum rotation motor but that is a simple addition of a double acting spool valve to the hydraulic hoses on the Pronovost P720TRC unit to make a third oil circuit with another small pair of hoses to operate the hydraulic motor that rotates the impeller drum.

You have plenty of engine power and torque for the PTRC720 if he is not willing to help you purchase a 60 inch single stage.

/ quick attach snowblower #23  
He also told you that the 35 horsepower needed for the 6 footer was enough???
The transmission on your mule needs power and you only have 40 HP total.
I have 38 engine HP and run an 84" front mount Loftness blower. I have to go slow in deep/wet snow, but it works well.
Depending on how wide the tractor is (the specs say 59.8", but the wheels can probably be set wider), 60" may not be wide enough and if its setup like ours with wide wheels, 72" may be a tight fit.
The issue for you is going to be whether you will be better able to use a rear pull as:
3. If you are buried by a deep snow storm they will be useless. UNLESS YOU go out every two hours during a major snow event/storm.
As I see it, he has a Mahindra 2540. That is about the same size as our L3830. He should have no problems driving through 20-30" of heavy snow, or more lighter snow. I have done that with our L3830 many times.

Aaron Z

I don't believe the sales rep would have a problem with a 60 inch at all I'm just going on what he told me a recommended for my tractor size that's all. If this is the case what about everything attachments 72 in snowblower. It is a rear push not sure if single or 2 stage but the tractor dealer I purchased my tractor from has put a few of them on smaller tractors than and had no issues. It's rated for tractors 35-50 hp.

/ quick attach snowblower #25  
I guess if you trust the dealer then purchase what he recommends.

I was just getting at I don't believe who I spoke with would have any issues if I inquired about the 60" single stage. I only was on the phone for a few min with him and this was just his thoughts.

/ quick attach snowblower #27  
Ah, OK then, I would ask for a special order quote for the larger 60 inch single stage with extension wings with the hydraulic chute and spout controls.