Snow Attachments quick attach snowblower

/ quick attach snowblower #12  
True but you still need high flow of 25-35 gallons per minute to use for the impeller and cross auger.

/ quick attach snowblower
Does anyone know about Quick Attach's rear pull, or rear push 72 inch snowblower? They are having a year end sale and I was just curious. I have heard about Meteor but I know nothing about them. Everything attachments stuff has been awesome I have no complaints. I'm looking for advise from snowblower owners.

/ quick attach snowblower #14  
Did you read any of he material I posted earlier? The Meteor snow blowers are made in Canada by MK Martin and are of very high quality build, The rear pull snow blowers take lot of horse power to run where the meteor single stage rear mounts require much less power to clear snow.

Yes I did read your post leonz and I appreciate the info, do you have a meteor snowblower? I figured a rear push snowblower would be more than enough for my driveway. I just was interested in the rear pull since I figured if I was going to spend the money I only wanted to do it once and get what I wanted. My tractor puts out 35 hp at the PTO. When I talked with a meteor sales rep on Monday he recommended the rear pull. I had never even hear of them till a few days ago. There is a dealer of meteor close to where I live I just have not had a chance to stop in and look yet.

/ quick attach snowblower #17  
Sadly I have john deere junk.

Buying a single stage model 1048 meteor rear mount with the built in wings will be more than enough snow thrower for your needs as long as you keep the throttle up, you do not need a pull behind.

The issue for you is going to be whether you will be better able to use a rear pull as:

1. YOU need room to work

2. They are more expensive in a 2 stage unit versus a meteor single stage pull behind unit

3. If you are buried by a deep snow storm they will be useless. UNLESS YOU go out every two hours during a major snow event/storm.

4. if you do not have chains and or ballasted tires your going to have to go out much more often and overnight heavy snow fall will limit your ability to clear it if you are not out there every couple of hours.

Its best to just let the snow drop and then clear it.

Using a single stage is less work and requires less power as you are not using an impeller.

I am not trying to spend your money.

The rear mount single stage will cost you much less money to own and operate and save fuel and be more efficient at taking full and half cuts as there is no spillage.
if you can sit sidesways in the seat and push down on the reverse pedal or you have a dash mounted reverse lever you will have no issues with operating it.

Last edited:
   / quick attach snowblower #18  
I know, for certain, if I were to ever get another snow thrower - it would be a pull type. I already have a shoulder, that due to arthritis or bursitis or some type of 'sitis, aches 24/7. The doctors had better figure out pretty soon some kind of cure because the pain killers I have just are not cutting it.

I had a standard 3-point - "going backwards" type and doing my yard plus my mile long driveway plus my mailbox area put my neck and shoulders in pain for two to three days after a plowing event.

However - the big 'ol Rhino 950 on the 3-point does a wonderful job and will clear the heaviest of berm buildups that I could ever experience here.

Besides - a rear blade has so many and varied uses. I tried using it to blow water out of a pond that forms at the end of my driveway - no joy there.

Thanks for the advise leonz, my driveway is only about 120' so looking backwards is no big deal for that little bit of time. It seems when we get snow anymore it is 6" or more. Having lake effect is great two years ago we were dumped with 39" in a day so its not uncommon to get a bad storm and alot of snow at once.

/ quick attach snowblower #20  
Are you on the Erie Pa. side of the lake or the Fairport Harbor side of the lake?

You will not regret investing in a Meteor 1048 single stage as you will be able to upgrade it in the future with a hydraulic chute rotation and hydraulic chute control if and when you trade up to a bigger mule with 2 sets of remotes and you will never lack for torque as long as you let it work slowly using the rated engine speed for the rear Power Take Off and just let the snow fly.

if you have a deep snow dump you make the first pass and then you can take half cuts and still blow the crap across the road in the ditch if there is a ditch and you can clean up the edges more quickly.

As as you have weight for adhesion/traction you will be fine. adding chains is always a good idea if you can afford them.