Snow Attachments Quick Attach hydraulic angle snow plow

/ Quick Attach hydraulic angle snow plow #1  

KeithT

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510HST SE
Good morning, long time member on this site. I don稚 get on it enough though obviously. While doing some casual reading I had an epiphany.

Here in the mountains of West Virginia like a lot of areas we haven稚 had much snow for a couple years. I tackled a 17 inch snowfall last week with my rear mounted snowblower that I haven稚 used in 5+ years. Worked very well. The plow I have on my Kawasaki mule wouldn稚 even touch it.

I upgraded my tractor a couple years ago to a Kioti 3510 HSE. I did a quick little search and saw that land pride and extreme attachments both make hydraulic angle quick attach snow plows.

Just curious what folks with experience with these attachments might recommend? I have a quarter mile long driveway with one section that is a 12% incline.

Thank you!

Last edited:
   / Quick Attach hydraulic angle snow plow #2  
20200422_160217.jpg
Not impressed - snow pusher may be better. I use my 3pt blade, seems to work better

/ Quick Attach hydraulic angle snow plow
Problem with the factory built ones ;no plow float.All right for paved surfaces ,not so much for gravel.All truck plows have chain float.

I see the advantage of the floating plow set up. I always just assumed I would use the float on the loader. But I see this often puts too much weight on the plow itself.

Maybe I am better off investing in a hydraulic angle plow for my mule. It is just The one or two times a year we get a heavy wet snow, I have to use the rear snowblower for the tractor, I was hoping a plow would save me from having to do this as often.

/ Quick Attach hydraulic angle snow plow #5  
I see the advantage of the floating plow set up. I always just assumed I would use the float on the loader. But I see this often puts too much weight on the plow itself.

Maybe I am better off investing in a hydraulic angle plow for my mule. It is just The one or two times a year we get a heavy wet snow, I have to use the rear snowblower for the tractor, I was hoping a plow would save me from having to do this as often.

My tractor has a 8' truck plow on the FEL,just put a plow on my ATV for the light snows;they push like crazy.

/ Quick Attach hydraulic angle snow plow
Yes, I agree. Overall I am happy plowing with my Mule. It is much faster compared to a tractor as well for my long paved drive.

/ Quick Attach hydraulic angle snow plow #8  
That's a very well thought out design.

/ Quick Attach hydraulic angle snow plow #9  
Thanks for finding this builder. Interesting solution.

/ Quick Attach hydraulic angle snow plow #10  
Almost 3 years ago I bought a front mount, hydraulic angle plow and quickly discovered it did not work well on my long, winding, up and down gravel driveway. So I came up with a temporary solution to make it float. I figured if the temp solution didn't work I could return the plow to it's original state and sell it. However the temporary solution worked better than expected and I am still using it today.

I agree with the person that said fixed plows work well on relatively even / flat surfaces but not on undulating surfaces. My driveway is one mile long, narrow, steep and gravel with a lot of twists and turns plus it rolls up and down. Using the plow in a fixed position was scary and did not work well, no matter what I tried or how hard I focused on keeping it at the right height. After adding the float, it works very well.

The plow I have is an HLA 96" plow with hydraulic angle and rotary oscillation (this allows it to follow the cross slope on the driveway). With my solution I also get the benefit of having a fixed plow by simply tilting the fel forward, which forces the rear mounting plate to contact the plow mounting plate. When I do this I can easily lift the front of the tractor off the ground, if I desire, without causing damage to the plow system. The disadvantage to this mounting system is that it moves the plow slightly further forward. I'm guessing about 6".
DSCN2667.JPG