Question about using a stabilizer?

/ Question about using a stabilizer? #21  
When you guys use Sta-bil for storage in cans (not engines) do you add it before or after filling can with gas?

I usually put it in after I get the full cans home.

It's not like castor based two stroke oil which did not want to stay in solution and required a lot of shaking, like oil and vinegar salad dressing. It readily mixes with fuel. You don't even need to shake the can unless you're going to use it right away. Brownian motion will cause it to diffuse.

Since E0 is expensive and hard to get here I use E10. Between the saws, UTV, lawn tractor, splitter and frequent generator use due to power outages, 15 gallons of gas only lasts a few months. If it ever does get older than that I use it in the truck and get fresh gas.

That said I can leave the lawn tractor all winter and it'll start in the spring with a few cranks.

/ Question about using a stabilizer? #22  
We have long winters here, I put fuel stabilizer in but I do not drain the fuel systems, without fuel there is a chance of the lines and seals to dry up and crack... I do try to start my winter toys once or twice during the summer... I do not start my summer toys during the winter because they are not stored in a heated environment.

/ Question about using a stabilizer?
I've been using Stabil 360º for 4-5 years now in all of my farm and garden tractors. I put it in my gas cans when I fill them so I know it is in there and mixed. Some of them may set for 6+ months after parking them, and never had fuel issues with any of them. Only take 1 oz.to treat 5 gallons so it goes along way. A quart bottle treats 160 gallons.
Thank you DJ54 for the amount of stabilizer to gas you use and the brand I will try. it.

/ Question about using a stabilizer? #24  
We have long winters here, I put fuel stabilizer in but I do not drain the fuel systems, without fuel there is a chance of the lines and seals to dry up and crack... I do try to start my winter toys once or twice during the summer... I do not start my summer toys during the winter because they are not stored in a heated environment.
Some of our local shops recommend just running E10 in-season, because E0 is harder to find and costlier, but then to run a tank of E0 into the machine prior to storage. So, for a lawnmower, run E10 all summer, then switch to E0 for those last two mowings in the fall.

It seems like a sensible plan, but I've honestly never bothered.

/ Question about using a stabilizer? #25  
Some of our local shops recommend just running E10 in-season, because E0 is harder to find and costlier, but then to run a tank of E0 into the machine prior to storage. So, for a lawnmower, run E10 all summer, then switch to E0 for those last two mowings in the fall.

It seems like a sensible plan, but I've honestly never bothered.
yeah I think it is a valid suggestion and it has been recommended here in many treads, even then fuel stabilizer is still required in E0 for storage. Out here in my region I don't think we have ethanol free gas even in the premium selection. Even then I try to put premium gas in before storing my toys but I've not always been successful doing so.

/ Question about using a stabilizer? #26  
Have had good luck with StaBil, but found Star Tron to be quite a bit better.
Years ago, I had an old Yamaha motorcycle sitting in my garage for 2 years with a full tank treated with Stabil. I was for sure I'd have to drain that sucker at the very least. Nope, it started right up, I was shocked! Kick start, too.

/ Question about using a stabilizer? #27  
I was wondering if anyone out there uses a stabilizer when storing your garden tractor/s or gas equipment away or do you just drain the gas out? Also for a 11horse power briggs motor how much stabilizer do you add to the gas tank?
I run mine out for the season (winter/summer) if I dont need it for the entire winter or summer. This is for my plate compactor before winter and my snow blower before summer. I would do the same with a garden tractor If only used in the spring/summer/fall.

/ Question about using a stabilizer? #28  
I read all the praise for Star-Tron on this forum and I have used it. But then I saw a you tube video on a motorcycle channel that tested gas stabilizers and it's results were one of the worst?
So I started using Marine Stabil again.

/ Question about using a stabilizer? #29  
My go too ha always ben Sta-bil 360 or the moto master, mostly because of there built in measuring container.

/ Question about using a stabilizer? #30  
I read all the praise for Star-Tron on this forum and I have used it. But then I saw a you tube video on a motorcycle channel that tested gas stabilizers and it's results were one of the worst?
Hmm. I'm blissfully unaware of what's happening on You Tube.

Instead, I go by the results of my own "testing". But I'm definitely open to any suggestions of better products yet.

What seemed to be the problem with Star Tron in the You Tube setup? And what time periods were used. One winter, five years...?