Question about installing hydraulic toplink

/ Question about installing hydraulic toplink #1  

billblough

Tractor
Kubota L3400HST
I have a Kubota L3400HST it has FEL and BH.

Is it possible to use the existing hoses to hook up to new hoses plumbed to an open center valve to control a hydraulic toplink?

It seems to be the simplest method to me to plumb the valve since I only need to use it when the BH is removed.

/ Question about installing hydraulic toplink #2  
If the BH is connected to the hydraulic remotes outlets on the tractor, then the tractor valve should be fine to control the hydraulic top link. But, if the BH is connected to a constant supply of oil (say a power beyond source) that HAS no valve controlling it, then it wouldn't work.

/ Question about installing hydraulic toplink
When I remove The backhoe from the tractor I have to connect the two hoses on the tractor together, does that tell you whether or not it is connected to a power beyond ? I wish I were smarter about hydraulics. Thank you for your response.

/ Question about installing hydraulic toplink #4  
billblough said:
When I remove The backhoe from the tractor I have to connect the two hoses on the tractor together, does that tell you whether or not it is connected to a power beyond ? I wish I were smarter about hydraulics. Thank you for your response.

Yes, that is the Powerbeyond loop. The is a constant flow of hydraulic oil flowing through those hoses at all times, hence the need to hook them together when the BH is removed. You can hook a valve there in place of the BH to control your toplink. Just be sure the valve is rated for the proper flow that your pump put's out.

/ Question about installing hydraulic toplink
Kenny,

Thank you for your response, I now at least have a plan for hooking up a toplink. This site is really great for the base of knowledge out there.:) :)

/ Question about installing hydraulic toplink #6  
here is a diagram that schould be the correct way.. I would add the remote and leave it plumbed in ... because of the drain back to tank..