"Pumpkin"

/ "Pumpkin" #11  
Re: \"Pumpkin\"

I'll take scruffy's portion.

/ "Pumpkin" #12  

OK, This is at least twice I've seen cathead biscuits mentioned. What are cathead biscuits?
ErnieB

/ "Pumpkin"

Can't say that I've ever made them, but I think I know about them.
Biscuits: You take the pollen from a cattail head and mix it 1/2 & 1/2 with flour.
Gravy: Pan drippings (bacon or ham) with coffee, maybe add pepper and/or brown sugar.

If this is correct, I'm sure I could do 'em justice.

Do I pass??????

Pat (Techno-Tractor Mom)

/ "Pumpkin" #14  

Harv,

We do have a set of green images... if there is enough demand for them I could post them under the markup section. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

msig.gif

/ "Pumpkin" #15  

Really nice tractor, Pat! I guess it won't be long before the 'proper' portait will be one in the snow. Do you plan to use 'er for snow removal?

msig.gif

/ "Pumpkin" #16  

Earn, regular biscuits are made by rolling out the doughball and cutting out the biscuits with a cutter, all are the same size. A "cathead biscuit" is made by sqeezing a piece of dough about the size of a cats head from the doughball and patting it out between the hands. Biscuits are large and not all perfectly round or the same size. They are used to drag through the "redeye gravy". Also known as "soppin", which is made by pouring brewed coffee into the grease where you have finished frying ham. You now know what any 3 year old "hillbilly redneck" knows about "cathead biscuits and red eye gravy". jim

/ "Pumpkin" #17  

And if Scruffy doesn't think he'd like that, it's probably because he never ate any./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ "Pumpkin" #18  

jimmoore wins the prize for the day - man they ain't nuthin like "soppin gravy" with a "Cathead biscuit"

You need to make sure you are using the fat & drippings from "Country Ham" to make that red eye gravy.

hillbilly

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by mccallum on 11/18/00 08:01 PM.</FONT></P>

/ "Pumpkin" #19  

The redeye gravy I knew of, as well as regular biscuits and "drop" biscuits. I'll take homemade flour tortillas over biscuits any day.
ErnieB

/ "Pumpkin" #20  

Jimmoore, now those kind of biscuits and gravy I know about, but the title mentioned, does conotate something entirely different! Your discription of how the biscuits and gravy made are no different than what I grew up with, and still enjoy today, when I can. And when I can convince the wife that I deserve something other than the normal diebetic diet....which is blah. Bacon, ham, or sausage drippins make for excellant gravy base.