Pulling a trailer Draw bar projection ?

/ Pulling a trailer Draw bar projection ? #2  
The shorter the drawbar, the less turn angle you have. The trailer tongue will hit the tires or the three point arms if they happen to be down

Bruce

/ Pulling a trailer Draw bar projection ?
bcp

you have stated the obvious (something I am particularly good at ;-)

When is "less" not enough? I took the extended draw bar off the garden tractor and made up one close in. The extended version made baking up a royal PIA!

/ Pulling a trailer Draw bar projection ? #4  
I extended my drawbar to turn about 90 degrees to the trailer so I can back and turn in tight spaces. I don't find backing any harder, including around corners.

A reason for the short drawbar could be to better handle a heavy tongue weight.

Bruce

/ Pulling a trailer Draw bar projection ? #5  
I made a drawbar for the three point and have never hooked anything to the factory hitch on my Massey. I wanted to use a ball so I had to have it hook to the top link too. It works well and it is nice to just back up to something and lift the ball into the socket and drive a short distance and set it down again. Ed

/ Pulling a trailer Draw bar projection ? #6  
I made a drawbar for the three point and have never hooked anything to the factory hitch on my Massey. I wanted to use a ball so I had to have it hook to the top link too. It works well and it is nice to just back up to something and lift the ball into the socket and drive a short distance and set it down again. Ed

I use my 14' dump with my NH TN75 on occasion, but it gets really front end light without too much of a load in trailer. Moral is, be careful with 3PH trailer toter. It will allow trailer to tip up and is far behind axle, limiting tongue weight. AMHIK.

/ Pulling a trailer Draw bar projection ?
I've always had to chain the 3pt trailer ball to keep the wagon tongue from flipping up and down. 'prefer a solid hitch. but the lift sure makes hooking up a snap! ;-)

That extended stiff hitch still puzzles me. Once the trailer goes much past 70 degrees, there is o more pushing and only a little more positioning for a lot of tractor movement.

Must be something though.....

/ Pulling a trailer Draw bar projection ? #8  
I use my 14' dump with my NH TN75 on occasion, but it gets really front end light without too much of a load in trailer. Moral is, be careful with 3PH trailer toter. It will allow trailer to tip up and is far behind axle, limiting tongue weight. AMHIK.

I use my hitsh to move the log spliter and a couple light trailers I have, nothing that would over load the trailer. Thanks Ed