Pull type snowblower Walco Renegade

/ Pull type snowblower Walco Renegade #1  

klem531

Tractor
Ford New Holland 1620
Howdy, just sold my 96' new holland 1620 that had a loader and a 716b front blower. I purchased a 2022 Kubota lx2610 with a cab and loader and have been looking for a deal on a used front blower for it. I've also been researching the pull type blowers for the rear pto. One in particular, The Walco Renegade 68, stands out mostly because of price point. There's just very little literature available and I haven't found so much as one video on them. Has anyone heard of, owned or used a walco pull type blower? Interested in some feedback. Thanks!
Resized_Screenshot_20230224_130433_Chrome.jpg

/ Pull type snowblower Walco Renegade #2  
I have not ever heard of them. From the picture it looks lite duty.
IMHO I think the weight and obviously changing the cutting angle as needed for ground conditions helps a great deal on the wet snow. Powder has nothing to stick or compress to.

I say the above as assuming the snow has not been driven all over and packed. In that case blower weight and cutting angles are extremely important. The good part is the front bucket can quickly make a row of scrapings and send it.

/ Pull type snowblower Walco Renegade
I have not ever heard of them. From the picture it looks lite duty.
IMHO I think the weight and obviously changing the cutting angle as needed for ground conditions helps a great deal on the wet snow. Powder has nothing to stick or compress to.

I say the above as assuming the snow has not been driven all over and packed. In that case blower weight and cutting angles are extremely important. The good part is the front bucket can quickly make a row of scrapings and send it.
So I made the 6hr round trip to Waldo Wisconsin from Indiana this morning and bought the dang thing . It's definitely "value engineered" in my opinion. Cutting edge is small and welded on and the main housing is 3/16 I believe but the welds look decent and it's put together very well. It looks like it should hold up to heavy residential use which is all I wanted it for anyway. I'm in Northwest Indiana very close to lake Michigan. We seldom get snow like the northern states do usually 3-5 inches at a time. On occasion we'll get a good lake effect storm where we could get a foot or 2 but that's rare. Time will tell. Hopefully we will get one more measurable snow fall this season but it's not looking good. Figured I couldn't go wrong for $3150 bucks brand new! Lol
20230225_145442.jpg

/ Pull type snowblower Walco Renegade #5  
That is a good price. You are going to love an inverted

/ Pull type snowblower Walco Renegade #6  
That looks like a nice shop and so nice to have the clean shiny tractor in there with you ! And show it off to friends and family ! lol

/ Pull type snowblower Walco Renegade
That looks like a nice shop and so nice to have the clean shiny tractor in there with you ! And show it off to friends and family ! lol
Thanks! My pole barn has been 20 years in the making. Finally had it built by the Amish last year. For me it's a dream come true!

/ Pull type snowblower Walco Renegade #10  
I had Walco pallet forks and they were good. As you say not heavy duty but good enough for me. Nice blower and tractor!