PUG F570

/ PUG F570 #31  
Did you get your PUG transmission fixed? I've got one with a transmission problem but I'm not mechanical at all and I'm nervous about taking it apart. Was it difficult? Any suggestions on how to do it or better yet someone that you think could work on them?

Thanks
John

/ PUG F570 #32  
Needing parts??? Pug is back and being manufactured again! Based out somerset ky phone number is 6068721681 ask for joe. Frog Pond Manufacturing on the web will give u contact info too!!
Billy

/ PUG F570 #33  
I need a new trans the mount hole on mine cracked had it welded but broke years later. The numbers on it are 012ch166 but can not find that model online. Can you check with your guy and see if there is a new part number for the same trans with the same mount options and gear ratios?

I have the same transmission on my Terra plane. I bought it with a broken spider gear housing. Can anyone tell me where I can buy one?

/ PUG F570 #34  
I have a F570. Looking for front shocks and coil. Any idea where to find parts at?

/ PUG F570 #35  
New here so Hello to all...Have a Pug/Gator Mod. F480 w/ 16 HP Briggs Vanguard on it. Having some wiring issues, believe it is a fuel shut off on the engine. Start circuit is fine now, new solenoid, Ford type, and you can run it with carb cleaner...but kinda hard to do and drive ! Anyone have help on a wiring diagram for it ? I'm a farm boy for ever and an electrician, but I believe I need an Exorcist on this one, Thanks.

/ PUG F570 #36  
Frog Pond Mfg of Sommerset Ky is building the PUG again and has parts.

/ PUG F570 #37  
I was line foreman on the W570A WHEN WE WERE BUILDING THEM IN JACKSON, MS.. NOW TO ELIMINATE YOUR PROBLEM, SIMPLY REMOVE THE NEUTRAL SWITCH FROM THE SHIFT PLATE WHERE THE SHIFT LEVER FROM THE STICK SHIFT IN THE CABIN CONSOLE. THE NEUTRAL SWITCH HAS A WIRE FROM IT TO THE IGNITION SWITCH. TO SHIFT FROM FOREWARD, NEUTRAL AND REVERSE THE PLATE HAS A DETENT BALL AND SPRING MADE TO IT AND WHEN THE BALL IS IN NEUTRAL THE ENGINE WILL START.

/ PUG F570 #38  
I bought this PUG back in January and then found out they are no longer made and parts are very hard to come by.

I bought the parts manual from Bob Keith after finding him by calling about 40 former dealers.

I have questions regarding the electrical system.

It has an 18hp Briggs Vanguard engine with electric start. It has a netural safety switch.

It will not crank so I disconnect the battery and it reads 12.3 volts on the charger and the same on the voltmeter. I had a new battery installed when I bought the PUG a few months ago.

I think it should be the solenoid that mounts to the frame rail. Can I just go to a local lawn mower shop and can they just match it up?

Also, it has a manual dump on the bed. I was wondering if anyone had one with a factory power dump so I could get pictures of how it is installed?

Thanks,
Michael

Michael, sounds like your voltage regulator on the vanguard is bad, it is more common than you think. I was assembly line foreman @ Pug when we built them in Jackson, Ms.. not to say the solenoid isn't bad but not likely they are very heavy duty units.

/ PUG F570 #39  
Gary Moe
I will sell my pugg.
it is a F570 and I have a starting issue. Ran good turned it off and will not turn over. trying to find the nutral safty switch but cand locate one. glmoe_@msn.com

/ PUG F570 #40  
the belt drive on my pugg on the transmission has slipped to the transmission side which makes the belt out of alignment. How do i slide the pulley back
in alignment. I is aluminum and I am afraid to force it.