Pto on IH 454 locked up.

/ Pto on IH 454 locked up.
I'm going to put bar on the pto shaft and see if I can turn it counter clockwise as you suggested. I ordered a liquid filled pressure test gauge and hose today. hopefully I'll get it tomorrow and can get the pressure readings. Is the dip stick on the lower left side of the seat the one that gauges hydrolic / trans fluid? It doesn't have any hash marks on it, but it sure does look low. I expect the fluid level needs to be close to capacity before hoping to get an accurate reading, correct?

/ Pto on IH 454 locked up. #12  
Your testpoints 20190405_054127.jpeg

Thanks DLT for posting those pics. If I get my pressure gauge today, I'll check it tonight. I put a wrench on the upper pto shaft, it does turn counter clockwise, but it took some force to get it going. I was then able to turn it clockwise as well. perhaps thats not a good thing that it turned both directions? I was just glad that it wasn't frozen solid like the seller told me.

/ Pto on IH 454 locked up. #15  
And the engine was running when you turn it counterclockwise ?
And when you let it go it turn by itself clockwise ?

/ Pto on IH 454 locked up. #16  
Till it stop at the internal stop ? Then you forse it more and you can feel it slips more ?

/ Pto on IH 454 locked up. #17  
Does your PTO lever click in when you engage that lever ? Can you forse it by hand more to all in under the floorboard ?

I didn't turn it with it running. I thought it could be dangerous to try it while it's running, if it were to grab and break my wrist. As you can tell this all new to me.

This weekend I will try all these things and hopefullyl earn more.
When I check the pressure at those two test ponts, should the PTO be engaged full forward?

/ Pto on IH 454 locked up. #20  
I didn't turn it with it running. I thought it could be dangerous to try it while it's running, if it were to grab and break my wrist. As you can tell this all new to me.
And I thought you said its frozen when engine is running ?