PTO driven stump grinder

/ PTO driven stump grinder #1  

Darth_DMack

Silver Member
Tractor
2023 Mahindra 5155
Hello everyone:

I am in need of a PTO driven stump grinder.

My tractor is a Mahindra 5155 (55 hp) so that gives an idea of what it can handle.

This is new to me, so any suggestion is completely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

~ Darren

/ PTO driven stump grinder #2  
I bought a Land Pride SG 25 pto driven swing grinder and it eats stumps. Comes with 900 series Green Wearsharp solid carbide teeth too. Your Mahindra has plenty of power to run it but you do need at least one set of remotes to run the swing cylinder and the height cylinder, preferably 2 sets but Landpride offers an electric switch that can use one set. The Landpride is the Shaver but for a couple grand less.

The Woodmax grinder don't work for me, too much back and forth movement. I want to 'plant' the grinder and swing the head to grind stumps and I'm doing side jobs with it as well. It's a nice machine.

/ PTO driven stump grinder
I bought a Land Pride SG 25 pto driven swing grinder and it eats stumps. Comes with 900 series Green Wearsharp solid carbide teeth too. Your Mahindra has plenty of power to run it but you do need at least one set of remotes to run the swing cylinder and the height cylinder, preferably 2 sets but Landpride offers an electric switch that can use one set. The Landpride is the Shaver but for a couple grand less.

The Woodmax grinder don't work for me, too much back and forth movement. I want to 'plant' the grinder and swing the head to grind stumps and I'm doing side jobs with it as well. It's a nice machine.
Awesome input... exactly what I was hoping for. I'm pulling up the Land Pride SG 25 now to look into it. I like the idea of planting the grinder, then moving it back and forth. I have used dedicated stump grinders before, but never one for a PTO drive off the back of the tractor.

/ PTO driven stump grinder #4  
Gobbles them right up. Nice thing is the fact that you don't have to have the stumps cut real low as well. The SG25 can cut stumps up to 12" high, no issue. Like I said, picking up side jobs grinding stumps too. Everyone seems to have them. Charging 10 bucks an inch measured at the base btw. Just did 30 pine stumps for a lady up town. The SG25 will grind 10-12 inches below grade too.

/ PTO driven stump grinder
Gobbles them right up. Nice thing is the fact that you don't have to have the stumps cut real low as well. The SG25 can cut stumps up to 12" high, no issue. Like I said, picking up side jobs grinding stumps too. Everyone seems to have them. Charging 10 bucks an inch measured at the base btw. Just did 30 pine stumps for a lady up town. The SG25 will grind 10-12 inches below grade too.
I'm finding the SSG25 (looks like it mounts up front on a CTL), but can't find a 3 point / PTO version. Do you have a link to the one you have?

/ PTO driven stump grinder #7  
I'm finding the SSG25 (looks like it mounts up front on a CTL), but can't find a 3 point / PTO version. Do you have a link to the one you have?
Go to the Landpride (Great Plains Manufacturing) website and enter 'stump grinder'. Real simple.

/ PTO driven stump grinder #10  
ok for smaller stumps but not larger ones. I need some thing with balls.
th-BS-Meter.jpg