PTO driven stump grinder

/ PTO driven stump grinder #11  
Rob: you try grinding out a 3 foot diameter hardwood stump with your grinder that is 10" high and don't want to be there all day and night and report back. How's that. Especially grinding it 10" below grade. I almost bought a Rayco diesel powered grinder but the 35 grand price set me back a bit. I'll be done and you will still be there fiddling around with your toy.

No BS, just facts.

besides, mine takes Greenteeth, not your specialized from Woodland Mills teeth. Greenteeth are the industry standard. All professional grinders use them. With me, it's economy of scale and my scale and yours are different things.

/ PTO driven stump grinder #13  
Rob: you try grinding out a 3 foot diameter hardwood stump with your grinder that is 10" high and don't want to be there all day and night and report back. How's that. Especially grinding it 10" below grade. I almost bought a Rayco diesel powered grinder but the 35 grand price set me back a bit. I'll be done and you will still be there fiddling around with your toy.

No BS, just facts.

besides, mine takes Greenteeth, not your specialized from Woodland Mills teeth. Greenteeth are the industry standard. All professional grinders use them. With me, it's economy of scale and my scale and yours are different things.
AND here I thought 40 inches was bigger than "3 foot"??

How many feet is 40 inches in your world??

And yes, I've ground more than one that big, and I did it all in one day along with 30 other stumps.

How does a guy that has never owned/ran a Woodland Mills grinder get to be such an expert on them in the few months you've owned a pto grinder???

SR

/ PTO driven stump grinder #14  
I'm not but obviously you are.... I bought what I needed for the jobs at hand, nothing more. Mine was Made in USA, yours wasn't btw. Your WM is just too small for me. and like Tractor Tim quips, it throws the tractor around. Mine don't at all. Have you priced new teeth yet? bet not.

/ PTO driven stump grinder #16  
Are you one of those funny-duds that wears a dress????

How much do you want to loose on a bet whether I priced a new set of teeth or not??

Stop blowing smoke dude, in fact stop smoking whatever it is that you are smoking, or put the keyboard down! lol

SR

/ PTO driven stump grinder #18  
I have the Woodland Mills Stump Grinder since 2017. But I'm not in the business of grinding stumps. ...Just do some around my place and the neighbors (for free). I'm happy with the grinder and the WM support. What to buy obviously depends on ones goals and dollars. Have done around 40 stumps so far using my 26 HP Kubota CUTs. Like any tool, it takes some time to develop some finesse.

Cheers,
Mike

/ PTO driven stump grinder #19  
I have a Baumalight 1P24 grinder that is about identical to the Woodland Mills grinder. It does a good job, and was an economical choice for my use.
The biggest advantage of the hydraulic swinging pto grinders is that they grind on both sides of the disc, so each swing is grinding the stump. They are also considerably more expensive, and require (2) rear remotes.
The fixed 1P24 only has teeth on one side of the disc, so the movement is pull through the stump grinding, backup the tractor, repeat. I've done some large (>48") stumps with it, and maybe 50 or so smaller ones so far, and am satisfied with the speed and performance.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

4818 BC5070 NEW HOLLAND SQ BALER W/540 PTO TWINE S/N:YGN302846 (A34733)
4818 BC5070 NEW...
1068 450 JOHN DEERE WHEEL WEIGHTS (A34733)
1068 450 JOHN...
Sany 24" Bucket for Excavator SY75/SY80/SY95 and Backhoe SLB95 (A33113)
Sany 24" Bucket...
New 10' Work Bench with 15 Drawers & 2 Cabinets (A34302)
New 10' Work Bench...
COBRA MIG260 200 AMP WELDER (A34808)
COBRA MIG260 200...
John Deere 5400 (A34126)
John Deere 5400...