Proposed update to front porch forum rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Proposed update to front porch forum rules #191  
So far, there has been no moderation in this thread. Isn't this better when we can speak our minds without being cancelled out by moderators out to protect imaginary victims?
How do you know theres been no moderation?

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #192  
You are mistaken. What it is is when I am bullied, I respond.
We call that “balls”.
I have been here a few years and of Hay Dude I would say he is opinionated (aren't we all) generally speaks from experience and stands his ground, but not a bully.

Calling people names
On that subject I have found calling names, personal insults, deriding arguments, citing out of context, etc. it to be the device of shallow minds that have run out of logical meaningful argument.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #193  
I'm certainly not claiming to be a bad a**. And I'm sure your cousin doesn't claim to be.

How many persons have you shot?

How many incoming rounds have whistled past you?

Show Alan some respect.
Oh I do, but believe me, hes over my house and we talk. We grew up more friends than cousins. But I could beat him up and down the block. Its just the way it is. Theres guys who could do same to me, too.

15 weeks of marine corps boot camp doesn’t guarantee you bad azz status. Someone may be a marine, but theres marine corps chauffeur’s like Pete Butigeig. Theres Marine corps stenographers and Marine corps truck drivers. ALL should be shown respect, just like everyone else, but some are more bark than bite.
Is that fair?
But keep me on “ignore”, K?
Works for both us.

Last edited:
   / Proposed update to front porch forum rules #194  
On that subject I have found calling names, personal insults, deriding arguments, citing out of context, etc. it to be the device of shallow minds that have run out of logical meaningful argument.
This is one hell of an insult which I regard as your opinion, and you have the right to express it.

We are mostly farmers here and should be allowed to speak naturally the way we do in our every day life. If this forum is to serve tractor owners, then run it the way a man would freely run his farm: cuss like the devil at anything and anyone who pisses him off. Don't moderate it like a kindergarten for kids needing protection from bullies.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #195  
This is one hell of an insult which I regard as your opinion, and you have the right to express it.

We are mostly farmers here and should be allowed to speak naturally the way we do in our every day life. If this forum is to serve tractor owners, then run it the way a man would freely run his farm: cuss like the devil at anything and anyone who pisses him off. Do moderate it like a kindergarten for kids needing protection from bullies.

We are NOT mostly farmers. Theres actually very few farmers here. There’s a couple play farmers that like to steal valor from the real ones, though.
And no, dont cuss like the devil in public, or be a little animal boy and fling mashed potatoes at people in restaurants (wow THATS childish) and then cry because someone told you the truth about what you really are.
Do what your momma told you when you were a little pup. Treat people with decency and respect.

The forum needs to be moderated.

Last edited:
   / Proposed update to front porch forum rules #198  

We are mostly farmers here and should be allowed to speak naturally the way we do in our every day life. If this forum is to serve tractor owners, then run it the way a man would freely run his farm: cuss like the devil at anything and anyone who pisses him off. Don't moderate it like a kindergarten for kids needing protection from bullies.
What exactly do you farm with no tractor?

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #199  
   / Proposed update to front porch forum rules #200  
The forum needs to be moderated.
Ok, then moderate it for guys who drive tractors to tend to their properties. I don't get the feeling that there are any women here. Not even in the cooking threads! All guys sharing recipes.

I'll bet the average guy here could crush my hand in a friendly handshake. And I am supposed to be tractorless wimp. So why is a tough ex-marine like you calling for moderators?

Status
Not open for further replies.