Proposed update to front porch forum rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Proposed update to front porch forum rules #181  
Yep. I've had, over the years, had people PM me that I might want to blur out something in a picture that I've posted because it shows an address, mailbox, license plate number, etc... I appreciated that and have since then, done the same for members that may have not realized they posted such info.
I used to use Photobucket. A TBN member PM'd me one time and educated me on how he could access all my pics. Even though I hadn't posted them here. He taught me how to set my access to protect myself. Drove the point home by commenting on pics I'd taken at my Mom's birthday party in my shop. I had only shared those pics with family.

Wish I could remember who that member was. He went out of his way to help me secure things I had inadvertently made public.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #182  
Right there, normally, that post would get pulled. Most people would agree with that decision as well.

I'm not moderating this thread, so there you go. Have at it.
And many of us have expressed that these types of posts should warrant punishment. I know that's above your paygrade. Thanks Moss.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #183  
It does take a special kind of person to shoot another person, but its not a guarantee that youre the baddest azz on the planet, either.
My cousin Alan was a combat Marine and I can throw him around like a rag doll.

But, in fairness to him, he may be mentally capable of shooting people 25 yards away with an M4 And I am not.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #184  
One thing I have observed in one year of poking around here is that you are a bully. I've never been afraid of bullies.
Yes he is. There are a couple.

To me there are two kinds of bullies. The first makes Smart A** comments to get humor. The second makes Smart A** comments to degrade.

We all know the difference when we see it.

The problem comes when that diagnosis is made. And even though the second knows what he's doing he immediately claims to be the first when called out. Over and over.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #185  
One thing I have noticed is that you instigate trouble and poke others needlessly...even when they are not addressing you.
But he was addressing him. In a derogatory manner.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #186  
They are. Not so with people who are banned then re-register with a different userid. Ah, IP addresses, gotta love 'em. They reveal so much.
Thanks for mentioning that Mike!!! That being allowed is soooo wrong. Glad there's ways to minimize it. (y)

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #187  
It does take a special kind of person to shoot another person, but its not a guarantee that youre the baddest azz on the planet, either.
My cousin Alan was a combat Marine and I can throw him around like a rag doll.

But, in fairness to him, he may be mentally capable of shooting people 25 yards away with an M4 And I am not.
I'm certainly not claiming to be a bad a**. And I'm sure your cousin doesn't claim to be.

How many persons have you shot?

How many incoming rounds have whistled past you?

Show Alan some respect.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #188  
if they were sitting next to you at a restaurant, you'd either tell them to shut up, or you'd get up and leave. You wouldn't just sit there and listen to it.
Why I use the ignore feature on here. Only forum I frequent that I use it on actually.

If I was in a resturant and the person sitting across from me started a rant with me as the object of it. I'd take a fork full of food and send it their way. I've done that before. Mashed tatters work real well.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #189  
One thing I have observed in one year of poking around here is that you are a bully. I've never been afraid of bullies.
Certainly is and why he's one I have on ignore. Hopefully, he don't ever PM you. Talk about nasty and profane...........

I refer to people like him as 'Keyboard Rambo's'....

Status
Not open for further replies.