Propane Tank - What to do

/ Propane Tank - What to do #61  
keep it and use the propane for your gas grill, or something else.
You can buy them all day around here. Prices usually run about $1.00 per gallon for empty tanks

Last edited:
   / Propane Tank - What to do #62  
keep it and use the propane for your gas grill, or something else.
You can buy them all day around here. Prices usually run about $50.00 per gallon for empty tanks

$50.00 per gallon for empty tanks.

How many do you want? I will sell them for half that.

/ Propane Tank - What to do #63  
$50.00 per gallon for empty tanks.

How many do you want? I will sell them for half that.

sorry, I posted that wrong LOL $1.00 per gallon :laughing:

/ Propane Tank - What to do #64  
   / Propane Tank - What to do #65  
Help me understand...

I always do my own leak check and have many time had to pressurize (Pump Up) the system after alteration/replacement or new work to satisfy city inspectors...

Part of my daily work responsibilities is medical gas in Hospital environments... leak testing is automatic every time cylinders are exchanged.

When you think about it... a lot of the cabins have small tanks that the owners have filled and even propane forklifts, tractors and BBQ interrupt service.

The local Mom and Pop supplier we bought the tank from back in 1962 never had an issue... now that the company was sold to a large entity... they are difficult to deal with, prices much higher and "Free" services for contract customers no longer exist.

We even had a dispute as the take over company billed us tank rental for the tank we own... lucky I had all the original paperwork from 1962 to prove ownership!

I also work a lot with PGE... if the system is off and PGE is asked to turn on gas service a leak check is done by PGE at no cost...

If the system is on at the time of arrival no leak test required.... field service simply notes it in the service log... in fact the public utility NEVER charges a customer to leak check... as was the policy of the Mom and Pop family owned Propane Dealer for decades.

you are 100% correct. If there is vapor pressure in the system no leak check required.