Priming issues

/ Priming issues #1  

Jimmybigwind

Tractor
ZETOR 3340
Hi Folks

I have two Zetors 1995 6340 and a 1997 3340. I love them and have had few problems.

Now I am having to prime my 1995 6340 each morning for the last few years.

I have replaced all the fuel lines, checked the steel lines in the tank, cleaned all the filters.
I replaced the hand primer pump, installed new copper washers on the banjo fittings.
It seems to bleed down each night.

I can't figure out what is causing the problem with needing to prime it each morning.
Any help would be appreciated.

/ Priming issues #2  
Try to install a one way valve in the fuel line or a electric fuel pump. You have a tiny leak in the fuel system, checked the valves in the feeder pump?

/ Priming issues #3  
And it's a common problem on Zetors.

/ Priming issues #4  
If it has a lift/supply pump, start there..
If its the "expensive" kind, look for an alternative. or simply replace it w/ a low pressure electric pump.
U can pressurize the fuel tank w/ some VERY LOW psi compressed air & LOOK for leaks.. sprinkle some baby powder on the lines & connections.. any weeping or leaking will show up in the powder.

/ Priming issues #5  
The feed pump is a classic Bosch licence made by PAL, does not cost much.

Would by a one way valve and put before the pump, might be all he needs

/ Priming issues
If it has a lift/supply pump, start there..
If its the "expensive" kind, look for an alternative. or simply replace it w/ a low pressure electric pump.
U can pressurize the fuel tank w/ some VERY LOW psi compressed air & LOOK for leaks.. sprinkle some baby powder on the lines & connections.. any weeping or leaking will show up in the powder.

OK I can try that I had the tank off tested the tank lines and could find no leaks, but if it is common problem I will
try the suggestions. My 3340 has given me no issues. I have had the tractors since new and they have
been the most trouble free tractors I have ever owned.

Thanks again.

/ Priming issues
Try to install a one way valve in the fuel line or a electric fuel pump. You have a tiny leak in the fuel system, checked the valves in the feeder pump?

Hi AGVG I owned a DB 995 for many years and a MF 165 my neighbor has a 1959 MF 135. I have worked on all of them.

When it warms up I will attempt to fix the Zetor 3340

/ Priming issues #8  
Hi AGVG I owned a DB 995 for many years and a MF 165 my neighbor has a 1959 MF 135. I have worked on all of them.

When it warms up I will attempt to fix the Zetor 3340
I own a DB 995, a MF135 and a Zetor/ Ursus so have some experience with old iron, Zetors are quite easy to work on, designed in a different world without bean counters.