Pricing pallet forks

/ Pricing pallet forks #91  
Guys, I'm finally grown up enough to buy real pallet forks instead of the bolt-on mess that came with my tractor.

I'm looking for 36" forks, and the cheapest ones I found with a headache rack was at Titan for $660. These.

Is that a good price for pulling the trigger, or should wait until they have a sale? Or is there another vendor I should look at?
Got my 42" from express steel roughly same price but made in america

/ Pricing pallet forks #92  
I think it seems that an important detail is being missed. The cage itself is rated at 4000 lbs capacity. With the 36" forks would be about a 1100 lbs capacity. 48" forks gives you about 2000 lbs of capacity.

/ Pricing pallet forks #93  
Guys, I'm finally grown up enough to buy real pallet forks instead of the bolt-on mess that came with my tractor.

I'm looking for 36" forks, and the cheapest ones I found with a headache rack was at Titan for $660. These.

Is that a good price for pulling the trigger, or should wait until they have a sale? Or is there another vendor I should look at?
Just a suggestion, if you don't need them yesterday, keep your eyes on Craigslist or marketplace for a couple weeks. When I decided I wanted a set I started watching Craigslist. It took all of a week to find a set of cat 54" that looked like they came off the showroom floor except the step was bent. I paid $330 for them. Obviously I used a Craigslist monitor...searchtempest, and jumped as son as I got the notification. He was asking $350 but didn't mention the bent step so I offered $325 and we agreed on $330. I have never priced cat forks but I'm betting those are $2k new. The deals are out there, use a monitor and give it a few weeks, you might be surprised what you find.

/ Pricing pallet forks #94  

I have the Titan euro version. Normally use them for moving building supplies and hay bales. I've torn the metal frame that the forks slide on, bent them at other times. After beefing them up they seem to be better. I'd check the farm auctions in your area, you can get skid steer mount forks for less made in the same place. Guess it depends on your mounts though. The price on the extensions though seems better than the average auction price. By the way, most of this stuff is new, think they decided they can make more this way vs selling through wholesalers.

/ Pricing pallet forks #95  
The Titans had no problem with this, not that you want to try that with a sub compact though! But the car weighed in at 2500 pounds. This wasn't what bent the frame on mine.
1693511641086.jpeg

/ Pricing pallet forks #96  
I purchased a set of used forks like from a real forklift from a place in Atlanta and had a local welder build a frame and I have been very satisfied

/ Pricing pallet forks #97  
I like express steel out of Indiana. You can save money by picking up at the yard. I myself like either 36 or 42 inch forks. Less chance of puncturing when picking up pallets .

/ Pricing pallet forks #98  

I’d wait and get the 60” when they go on sale (704.00). Which is about every 2 months. To be honest I buy them in bulk from Titan and resale them. I use mine at least every other day. Plus you can use them for round bales and or move trailers.

/ Pricing pallet forks #99  
I myself like either 36 or 42 inch forks. Less chance of puncturing when picking up pallets .
I dunno. That'd be like saying that if you bought a larger tractor, which would have a longer loader and larger bucket, you'd be running into things with it.

Or that I would back into things when towing a longer trailer than usual.

/ Pricing pallet forks #100  

I fully agree with Jyoutz...It is imperative to see the tips of those forks. So make sure to test with some sticks.