Pricing pallet forks

/ Pricing pallet forks #101  
Like others have said, look on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace for good used forks. I found mine for $250 and they were heavy duty overkill for my 55 horse tractor.

/ Pricing pallet forks #102  
It is imperative to see the tips of those forks.
Hmm. That would mean I couldn't use my actual forklift.

It's impossible to see the tips of the forks with the Unimog HMMH. Yet I somehow manage when needing more lifting power than the Kubota has to offer.

/ Pricing pallet forks #103  
I see you are from Illinois. Do you ever travel to northern Wisconsin for fishing? There is a place in Marion, WI that is just outside of Clintonville and they advertise on Craigslist. $599 for the Tomahawk 48" forks. Everything he has is made by Tomahawk just no name on it. Take the Mrs. on a romantic getaway to Door county and bring a trailer and buy some attachments for yourself!

/ Pricing pallet forks #104  
I had a JD 850 with 42" JD forks. They were very stout, but I wanted something longer. Bought the 48" Titans for my newer, heavier LS and the Titans are like a bouncy house whenever I have anything heavy on them out in my field. 36" forks would not handle an average pallet well, IMO, and would tend to make the pallet want to flip. Especially if you're picking something up a bit off-balance.

/ Pricing pallet forks #105  
Guys, I'm finally grown up enough to buy real pallet forks instead of the bolt-on mess that came with my tractor.

I'm looking for 36" forks, and the cheapest ones I found with a headache rack was at Titan for $660. These.

Is that a good price for pulling the trigger, or should wait until they have a sale? Or is there another vendor I should look at?
We got these, they are 42". If you buy another attachment at the same time, the forks are $100 cheaper...https://www.mtlattachments.com/tractor-attachments/mtl-42-3500-lb-pallet-fork-lift-attachments-xapg4

/ Pricing pallet forks #106  
Guys, I'm finally grown up enough to buy real pallet forks instead of the bolt-on mess that came with my tractor.

I'm looking for 36" forks, and the cheapest ones I found with a headache rack was at Titan for $660. These.

Is that a good price for pulling the trigger, or should wait until they have a sale? Or is there another vendor I should look at?
Just curious, have you looked at CL or FB marketplace for used forks? I didn't have a chance to go through all of the posts, but the old COVID prices 'round here have really come down recently. It's been about a month or so, but I recall seeing some 60" HD 4k forks (in really decent condition) going for around $250 - 300. Seriously, unless you have a pallet of feed or something coming in during the next couple of days, you could save a bundle and have bucks left over for other implements - and momma would be none the wiser since she already gave you permission to pay $xxx for the new ones. 😉

Just a cent or two from me!

/ Pricing pallet forks #107  
I have those Titan forks except I got the 60" ones.
They have worked satisfactory for me.

I also bought Titan's 8' hydraulic rear blade. Due to some health happenings and other commitments I didn't actually use it for over a year after I bought it. two weeks ago I used it for the first time for 4-5hrs. The next day I decided to go over what I did the previous day in one section. There was an old stump about 2 1/2" in diameter that had been buried. When I was making that pass the blade caught it and snapped the main blade pivot pin which is a 1 1/2" diameter solid steel.
I couldn't believe that it broke it. It caught the top edge of the stump and the blade jumped over it. It wasn't like I had the blade dug way down and hit it and it stopped my tractor.
I called titan and told them I only used it 4-5hrs. They said too bad it was over a year by about 6 weeks. The main pin is part of the blade pivot assembly. I had to buy a new one for $500.00. Put it on today.
I don't think I will be buying anymore Titan stuff.

I also have King Cutter 6' manual rear blade that I have had since 2007. I beat the crap out of that thing and it just keeps on scraping.

Attachments

• LS Tractor Titan Blade1.jpeg
    LS Tractor Titan Blade1.jpeg
    325.9 KB · Views: 66
  • LS Tractor Titan Blade2.jpeg
    LS Tractor Titan Blade2.jpeg
    499.7 KB · Views: 69
   / Pricing pallet forks #108  
Tomahawk 42 inch are on sale now for $556 direct from manufacturer (+ shipping), 48 inch are $586.
We have a set of the 42 inch on our L2501 Kubota and have to stand up out of the seat to see the ends of the forks.
I think it would be very difficult to see the fork ends if they where only 36 inch.
They are well made and USA ssqa forks.

/ Pricing pallet forks #109  
There was an old stump about 2 1/2" in diameter that had been buried. When I was making that pass the blade caught it and snapped the main blade pivot pin which is a 1 1/2" diameter solid steel.
I couldn't believe that it broke it. It caught the top edge of the stump and the blade jumped over it. It wasn't like I had the blade dug way down and hit it and it stopped my tractor.
Remind me to dig up photos of a "better brand" blade that got bent to crap - without hitting any stumps.

Not being a fan of warranty claims I ended up adding (much needed) material in the area of the pivot pin, mimicking an RV 5th wheel if you will.

Bad designs aren't brand specific.

/ Pricing pallet forks
Just a suggestion, if you don't need them yesterday, keep your eyes on Craigslist or marketplace for a couple weeks. When I decided I wanted a set I started watching Craigslist. It took all of a week to find a set of cat 54" that looked like they came off the showroom floor except the step was bent. I paid $330 for them. Obviously I used a Craigslist monitor...searchtempest, and jumped as son as I got the notification. He was asking $350 but didn't mention the bent step so I offered $325 and we agreed on $330. I have never priced cat forks but I'm betting those are $2k new. The deals are out there, use a monitor and give it a few weeks, you might be surprised what you find.
I did spend a few weeks on Craigslist and FB marketplace, but found nothing in my area.