Pricing pallet forks

/ Pricing pallet forks #11  
I own that setup with longer forks.

They are solid. I run them on a Kubota 5240 with the 854 loader.

I also use that frame with a bale spear. Again - it's solid.

I'd look at longer than 36" forks, though

Last edited:
   / Pricing pallet forks
I recently purchased a pair of Tomahawk brand forks from my dealer for $790. These forks are 48" in length and can hold up to 2800lbs. They appear to be well-built and are a great full-size option.
My man! Now there's a dude who's telling me what I'm needing knowing, thank you! I can't find a whole lot of reviews on Tomahawk forks, although did find one youtube vid though.

Cheaper base price than Titan's and USA made (to make Torvy happy). Sux that their shipping ain't free like Titan's though, boo! That shipping is pretty expensive.

/ Pricing pallet forks #14  
I would not want anything shorter than 48" on my 32 hp LS. It is really nice having that extra reach. On my Kubota if I get a set of forks they will be "60. I made a double hay spear with the spears on the bottom to double as forks, they are 48" and hard to see the end.

/ Pricing pallet forks #16  
60” forks are annoying IMO especially on a tractor. You don’t have enough lift capacity to lift much on the tips and when you sick them all the way through you are spearing stuff on the other side. 42-48” is the sweet spot on a tractor IMO.

/ Pricing pallet forks #17  
Well, it helps to pay attention when using them, much like when using the tractor in general, and the M6040 does have adequate lifting capacity to use all of the 60 inches.

Having the extra reach is great when stuffing things into the shed, for example. And I couldn't load cars on trailers if the forks were any shorter.

To me, it's better to have the extra length and not need it than the other way around.

/ Pricing pallet forks
Guys, you want your longass forks, have at it. I wouldn't go longer than 42" forks, it's pointless on a subcompact tractor in every single way, including lifting standard sized pallets.

As for not seeing 36ers from the tractor seat, so? Get your ass off the seat and spy a look. Oh, you can't coz of your seat safety? Well, that's on you for not disabling that stupid thing.

/ Pricing pallet forks #19  
Guys, you want your longass forks, have at it. I wouldn't go longer than 42" forks, it's pointless on a subcompact tractor in every single way, including lifting standard sized pallets.

As for not seeing 36ers from the tractor seat, so? Get your ass off the seat and spy a look. Oh, you can't coz of your seat safety? Well, that's on you for not disabling that stupid thing.

I have a set of forks cut at 38” inches. I don’t really like them that short because they don’t support the ends of a pallet but I can see the tips fine using them on a L3800. 42” would be enough to grab the whole pallet and be good enough for what a compact tractor could do.

/ Pricing pallet forks #20  
I have two pallet fork frames from Titan with 48” forks. One for John Deere and one with skid steer quick attach. No problems as of yet. I’ve also purchased other 3pt implements from them that work well.
However, they don’t wrap the pallet fork frames prior to shipping and they will usually arrive scratched up and sometimes bent In places. Nothing bad enough for me to consider returning.