priced out a L47 and M63

/ priced out a L47 and M63 #41  
What are you going to do with your old M59 pin-on buckets? Weld on new KX type ears?

Probably sell the original coupler and pin on 24” bucket.

Too good of opportunity to combine shipping, no tax, ESCO teeth upgrade, one less project to include another bucket from USA Attachments for a 12” and 24” new buckets. Really miss not having. 12” bucket option.

/ priced out a L47 and M63 #42  
Smokeydog,

Thank you for clarification to rScotty's response and attribution of M59 to KX quick coupler modification.

I will create a new thread specific to upgrading the M59 and L45/ L47 TLB to use the KX/ U series quick attach buckets and implements. New thread won't be for a few weeks. Too many honey do's in near term.

I wonder if there is any interest in creating a new thread just for " Kubota TLBs & Mods" ?
The TLBs are different, & it would be good to have all of this info accessible in one place.

We could link back to this and other TLB threads. Other ideas?

/ priced out a L47 and M63 #43  
I wonder if there is any interest in creating a new thread just for " Kubota TLBs & Mods" ?
The TLBs are different, & it would be good to have all of this info accessible in one place.

rScotty,

As I uncerstand Kubota's product line, there are two classes of Kubota TLBs. The larger TLBs containing M62, M59, L47, L45 and the smaller TLBs ( B26 & ?? & possibly L35 ). Don't know which group the L35 fits into.

The larger TLB group have similar features and build parts ( correct me if wrong ) and probably should be a unique thread whereas the smaller TLBs would occupy their own unique thread.

What are group thoughts on creating two threads or just lump all TLBs into one thread even though mods to larger TLBs are not suitable or compatible with the smaller machines.

/ priced out a L47 and M63 #44  
Probably sell the original coupler and pin on 24” bucket.

Too good of opportunity to combine shipping, no tax, ESCO teeth upgrade, one less project to include another bucket from USA Attachments for a 12” and 24” new buckets. Really miss not having. 12” bucket option.
Smokeydog,

Do you have another coupler other than the new M59 to KX coupler, which has been ordered?

/ priced out a L47 and M63 #45  
Smokeydog,

Do you have another coupler other than the new M59 to KX coupler, which has been ordered?

Probably not. Oops. Thinking there might be a yoke for the pin-on style bucket. You would know better than I. Too many ghosts of backhoes past to keep up with until I get some hands on experience. Never had a bucket to change for the M59.

/ priced out a L47 and M63 #46  
rScotty,
What are group thoughts on creating two threads or just lump all TLBs into one thread even though mods to larger TLBs are not suitable or compatible with the smaller machines.
I'm just sitting on the sidelines. I personally like the idea of creating two threads.
I don't do commercial work and only have one pin on bucket.
You folks that are really working these machines have some great ideas. Thanks for shairing!

/ priced out a L47 and M63 #47  

Agree. I’ll follow your lead.

Just by luck I found Mr M59 information on backhoe bucket modifications that solved a major bucket change and availability issue. Normally don’t peruse this section.

The TLBs fits well with what we are doing with our farm. Once had many different machines and they have their place in time.

Often use TBN to document modifications as my notes and memory get harder to find.

/ priced out a L47 and M63 #48  
It would be nice to document TLB info all in a couple of threads.
Lets see. Here is how I think of Kubota TLBs:.

Kubota Large TLBs: L35, L39, L45, L47, L48, M59, M62. All are L or M series
Kubota Small TLBs: BX22 thru BX25, and the venerable B26. All are B series
Did I miss some? What to name the threads?

I don't know the small TLBs as well - but I want one. With turf tires, 3pt, and thumb, please....

rScotty

/ priced out a L47 and M63 #49  
It would be nice to document TLB info all in a couple of threads.
Lets see. Here is how I think of Kubota TLBs:.

Kubota Large TLBs: L35, L39, L45, L47, L48, M59, M62. All are L or M series
Kubota Small TLBs: BX22 thru BX25, and the venerable B26. All are B series
Did I miss some? What to name the threads?

I don't know the small TLBs as well - but I want one. With turf tires, 3pt, and thumb, please....

rScotty
I'm learning something every day. Now I know of the L48 TLB.
Googled "Kubota TLB" and found B series and BX series of TLB.

Now for a descriptive thread name
Kubota TLB's & Mods ( L35 & up )
Kubota TLB's & Mods (B26 & smaller )

Now what happens when Kubota throws wrench in and markets a B28 or B30??

Open to naming suggestions that stand test of time.

/ priced out a L47 and M63 #50  
How's this for simple but covers all the BX and B and then all the L and M series

Kubota TLB & Mods - B & BX Models
Kubota TLB & Mods - L & M Models