priced out a L47 and M63

/ priced out a L47 and M63 #61  
Mike69440,

rScotty got you covered in post 48. All good:)

I stupidly broke two hydraulic fittings on L39 and ended up at local MB tractor for some quick replacements.

It could have been worse.

In any case MB had two L47's on lot that I looked over quickly.
Comparing my L39 to new L47

They are +2X the price

L47 loader has:
Larger diameter but thinner walled X-tube
Sturdy formed steel x-brace vs heavy bar at QA.
Hyd. hoses insider loader posts and frame with some minor reinforcement around opening.
Cylinder raised position safety lock.
Cylinders painted black.

Also L47 has beefier front axle. (I have had my front seals fixed twice on L39 in a bit under 2,700 hrs. of operation and have broken one front hub dropping rock in bucket from my excavator.)
L47 BH has provisions for thumb, Aux hydraulics, and guards over stabilizers
Creep functions 6 spd. HST vs 12 spd. GST
I think the hand brake location sucks.
Some improvements to guards and covers, instrument panel and seat arm rests, lights, etc

Not a lot of changes since 2005
For the money they ask, the machine should come with a factory removable soft cab and heat. Have option for hard cab with AC & Heat.
Tires should be 10 Ply rear 43-20 x 16 and front 12 ply 29 x 16 x 10 Radial industrial.
See my thread on loader cylinder upgrade.

Note;
I tow using a 2018 F-150 that we factory ordered with a 11,300lb tow package. Added air springs also. F-150 bought off a dealer lot maxes out at 9,000 Lbs. with std. tow package.
Too little truck for hauling L47, etc.
Our F-150 and HD trailer handles the 11,000 lb load surprisingly ok, but glad I'm not in the Rocky's or towing on a daily basis.

Attachments

• 20220920_161148.jpg
    20220920_161148.jpg
    1,023 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
   / priced out a L47 and M63 #62  
L39 to L47
+2X the price

L47 loader has
Hyd. hoses insider loader posts and frame with some minor reinforcement around opening

Also beefier front axle
BH has provisions for thumb, Aux hydraulics, and guards over stabilizers
Hand brake location sucks
Some improvements to guards and covers, instrument panel and seat arm rests.

Mike

This is exactly the type of detail and intent that this "new TLB" thread will deliver.

Now just trying to decide on naming of the thread that is easily searchable and accessible.

/ priced out a L47 and M63 #63  
1 was surprised to see that the L47 equipped with a thumb, 39" tilt BH bucket, and front Hydraulics was
$72,316.97
and the M63 outfitted the same was
$86,806.38
My L45 has exactly the same specs as the L47 and with less than 1500 hours I am rethinking the decision. I could use the capacities of the M63 but I feel selling a kidney is not a wise decision at my age.

the salesman mentioned the RTV1120's will not be available again until late spring and the pre-government fluid L45's are selling like gold right now. he posted one for sale on Friday and had it sold in 2 hours the following Monday.
needless to say, I have an RTVX1120 I am going to try and sell for more than what I have in it and buy the CFO a really nice Christmas present in hopes next summer there is a new M63 in my barn.
Has anyone had any experience with these new tilting BH buckets? Curious how it activates and if it is easier to use than my thumb. I have worn out several shoes using the heel to pull back on the pedal to retract the thumb. another dealer used some cheap 22 awg wire on my 3rd function for the loader that I had to replace completely after it kept breaking inside the insulation.

the delivery date for either unit is a guess, my RTV took 3 months.
my only other option seems to be a full size used 310 Deere, I climb hills and move large rocks quite often for landscape improvements, dig stumps, grapple brush, and use the 3 point to disc and maintain 1000' of gravel drive.

good luck all

Have no experience on tilting bucket. Kubota Owners or general attachment sections maybe reach a more knowledgeable visitors. Curious too about reviews of that option. Land plane and small TLB takes care of most 2500’ driveway ditching issues.

The TLBs are about perfect now for what I need. I had a full size backhoe, enjoyed it, used it for 20 years and sold for what I paid. A miniX would be handy at times. With two sizes of TLBs have a good stable to do the maintenance and building on the farm. The smaller one is just too handy to use around buildings and buried utilities maintenance. They share many of the attachments.

Mr M59 has figured out how to get the more popular and more variety of miniX attachments to fit the larger Kubota TLBs at reasonable cost with minor modifications. With his help I’m trying the same thing.

More and more I sound like my Dad years ago at how much things cost now. So things we can do ourselves with the help of hydraulics and clever machines brings much joy and premium return on investment.

/ priced out a L47 and M63 #64  
Jcb makes the 3cx compact that is comparable to the m62 just a little bigger and more capable. Everyone looking at a m62 should research the jcb. Only issue is that their order book is 12 months out right now. Good luck
Looks like JCB has multiple models of TLBs.

/ priced out a L47 and M63 #65  
I stupidly broke two hydraulic fittings on L39 and ended up at local MB tractor for some quick replacements.

It could have been worse.

In any case MB had two L47's on lot that I looked over quickly.
Comparing my L39 to new L47

They are +2X the price

L47 loader has:
Hyd. hoses insider loader posts and frame with some minor reinforcement around opening.
Cylinders painted black.

Also L47 has beefier front axle. (I have had my front seals fixed twice on L39 in a bit under 2,700 hrs. of operation and have broken one front hub dropping rock in bucket from my excavator.)
L47 BH has provisions for thumb, Aux hydraulics, and guards over stabilizers
I think the hand brake location sucks.
Some improvements to guards and covers, instrument panel and seat arm rests, lights, etc

For the money they ask, the machine should come with a factory removable soft cab and heat. Have option for hard cab with AC & Heat.
Tires should be 10 Ply rear 43-20 x 16 and front 12 ply 29 x 16 x 10 Radial industrial.
See my thread on loader cylinder upgrade.

Note;
I tow using a 2018 F-150 that we factory ordered with a 11,300lb tow package. Added air springs also. F-150 bought off a dealer lot maxes out at 9,000 Lbs. with std. tow package.
Too little truck for hauling L47, etc.
Our F-150 and HD trailer handles the 11,000 lb load surprisingly ok, but glad I'm not in the Rocky's or towing on a daily basis.

I sure like the size of the L39 and was surprised when they discontinued it. Lots of stuff on your list was cured on the M59 - especially the controls. They are simply the best and most sensitive BH controls I've ever used on any machine. It is easy to reliably move the bucket tip a fraction of an inch regardless of RPM.

Agree on the hand brake. It is weird that Kubota put the hand brake where your feet and legs have to go to turn the seat around. Putting it anywhere else would have worked better.
I'm in the process of relocating mine.

You know what I'd really like? With QA, buckets are easy to swap. I wish someone made a kind of backhards facing backhoe bucket attachment. Not for digging, but for lifting and placing things.
rScotty

/ priced out a L47 and M63 #66  
I sure like the size of the L39 and was surprised when they discontinued it. Lots of stuff on your list was cured on the M59 - especially the controls. They are simply the best and most sensitive BH controls I've ever used on any machine. It is easy to reliably move the bucket tip a fraction of an inch regardless of RPM.

Agree on the hand brake. It is weird that Kubota put the hand brake where your feet and legs have to go to turn the seat around. Putting it anywhere else would have worked better.

You know what I'd really like? With QA, buckets are easy to swap. I wish someone made a kind of backhards facing backhoe bucket attachment. Not for digging, but for lifting and placing things.
rScotty

Bucket, grapple, pallet forks, intimidator, auger, boom pole, polesaw?

Last edited:
   / priced out a L47 and M63 #67  
Mike

This is exactly the type of detail and intent that this "new TLB" thread will deliver.

Now just trying to decide on naming of the thread that is easily searchable and accessible.
I must have been asleep at the switch - but I would definitely be in favor of a "new TLB" thread.

/ priced out a L47 and M63 #68  

rScotty
This would be a BIG improvement IMO. On my machine you can't swivel the seat with the PB on. Please post if you come up with something.