YT235 Bucket stiff and barely operable in bucket tilt mode

/ YT235 Bucket stiff and barely operable in bucket tilt mode #1  

arj6156

Tractor
2017 YT235
Thanks to the guy who was discussing similar issues and cleaned/lubed the valves, remove seat and access/cover panel and the valves are on the right side, left as your looking aft behind the control valve, follow the cables and watch which valve the joystick controls. I would not pressure wash to clean. I used Spray-9 to clean with a small long handled nylon brush and gentle clear water rinse followed by spraying them with carb cleaner. I wasn't sure what to lube with, so for now I used regular WD-40. Easy job that should be included in routine maintenance. I also removed all the plastic covers over the 3-pt lift and bucket joystick. Ok now the bad part, the spherical rod end at the cable to lever attach point was loose causing me to loose almost all travel unless you slammed the joy stick to the bucket tilt up mode. What I discovered the cause to be the issue is the cable pass thru is very wide but the lever is narrow on the o/b side, piss poor design on the lever. I heard that the 300's and 200's use the same valve, not sure about cables either, but it would make since someone designed the 200's using 300's wider configuration on the lever. I know the 300's has a completely different configuration of joystick. I was able to loosen everything and shift it some, but it will always be operating in a bind.
If anyone knows what lube to use let me know. I plan on using hydraulic fluid to lube the valves unless someone has something better, used the WD-40 mainly to loosen up the sticking. The other thing Yanmar didn't include was the lube of the cables, they have rubber dust boots covering the cable at the control joystick connections, they slide off the cable ferrel and again I sprayed with WD. The StarBrite lubricant called out in the manual works great, but is a little waxy.
Hope this helps someone, I know it was a pain in the azz for the bucket tilt not functioning for me with my micro garden.

Attachments

• Sperical rod end.jpg
    Sperical rod end.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 87
  • Sperical rod end1.jpg
    Sperical rod end1.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 91
   / YT235 Bucket stiff and barely operable in bucket tilt mode #2  
You can get cable lube made specifically for cables for a few bucks at a motorcycle shop. Unclear on exactly which part is loose? It looks like a heim type joint from the pics -
1670470900134.png
is the ball loose in the socket or is the bolt going through the ball loose on the ball or have the anchor holes rounded out?