Price Check Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST

/ Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST #21  
Two years ago, I went through exactly what your doing. I could not get any Kubota dealers to talk with me about a L3901 package. The ones I talked to all preferred to sell me Kubota skids teens. Ended up buying the Kioti CK4010 SEHC, and has all the available options from the factory. Later, I did see L3901 packages in local AG paper at about 14.8% higher price. All my Kioti implements are made by Woods, Kubota is Landpride. Overall, never regretted my decesion to buy Kioti. Everything works perfectly. Even did my 50 hr maintenance myself, so I could learn more about my tractor.

/ Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST
Not sure if the Kioti also has the hump in the middle of the floor, but you having a size 14 foot will hate it. My size 12 hated them when I sat on them. You may want to upgrade to a more premium model that is flat :)

It does have smaller hump as shown in the photo of my first post. I guess a bigger hump is better for lower center of gravity, but I'm with you in that regard. The 2610 is as close to 'walk right in, sit right down' as I need.

toukow:
I purchased the CK2610H, with the KL2610 loader yesterday.

First, regarding the KL2610 vs KL4030 loaders..

- All those same threads say the KL4030 is "stronger", and is rated at 1835lbs, vs the 1252lbs of the KL2610, HOWEVER the KL2610 number is at full height (98.4" to pivot pin), but the number for the 4030 is given at a 59.84" pivot pin height.. Those numbers should not be compared.

- I like the pin detail on the 2610 - IMO, it's a more expensive/robust design than used on the 4030, and I suspect it's the reason that Kioti has moved away from the 2610 design.

CK2610 vs L2501

Every other tractor in this size range is using full hydro-static steering - except the Lxx01's. Definitely not in this century!

- The hump gets in the way - the steel deck will be deadly with snow. Some "mat" solution or anti-skid would be required.
-
- linked pedal function is not available from Kubota.

- Both the CK2610 and L2501 have crap 3-point hardware .

- Kubota dealer is further away, and on the wrong side of a town that has a traffic bottleneck problem. That fact likely adds 1 over an hour to a trip to get parts.

- Fuel tank location - the TC25 has the tank in the same position as Kubota - it's a pain with fuel jugs, and difficult to not spill on the hood.

CK2610 vs Green.

- I like the 3025E for it's diff lock/brake control and the separate (real?) parking brake.

- I like the JD loader quick attach design - no parts to seize up, less weight.

Nice write up comparison, well done! I researched just about every point you've made, including the comments on the CK2510 (doesn't fit), and agree entirely.

I wrote the check and got the CK2610HST with KL4030 and R1's, and almost all the options. I got the operator deck rubber mat at a princely $152 (One Kubota dealer said not available for 2501, the other quoted me $90). The adjustable three point lift arms were actually cheaper on the Kubota. I like the fueling position more than the L2501 as well. I'm looking into fueling options to make it even easier.

Funny, being self taught about tractors, and not studying enough of the information on this forum (I mean, what's there to learn? Sarcasm intended), I never used my current tractor's independent brakes. From reading here, that was a big mistake, and could have been useful on my steep driveway while snow clearing. Oh, well, that's gone on the Kioti, whereas the Kubota does have that feature. I think actuation on the Kubota would take a bit of contortionism with the treadle pedal, but can be done. I had never driven a HST, and was quite surprised how much it slows when the pedal is released.

Either loader would have worked for my modest needs. I agree about comparing numbers properly. I watched Neal at Messick's video on how to lie using loader datasheet numbers, and it was quite enlightening for me. Not sure about the pin detail you reference, as I'm an electrical and it didn't have any wires, so didn't notice. :)

I got the linked accelerator feature, simply based on comments here and the dealer's recommendation. I've always used the dash mounted throttle control, so will see how useful.

I had seen a sales comparison favoring the steering on the Kioti over the Kubota. But what I wondered was how susceptible the Kioti's actuation cylinder would be plunging into brush, etc.- see attached. I wondered about nicks in the sealing surface being a negative. One dealer simply said 'Never had one come back for that', which I take with a grain of salt.

I didn't look at John Deere other than online, due to the comments from many here that the two speed HST was not adequate. I thought there were comments about aluminum transmission housing which the Kubota has as well, which I would prefer to avoid. While you liked the JD design on their quick attach design, I had seen complaints about it being a proprietary design requiring the purchase of JD components. I tend to not like such an approach, but sounds like you feel the design has advantages.

On the dealer front, I feel I'm falling down significantly. I'm somewhat violating all the advice on the forum, other than having a rapport with the dealer. I've learned to ask better questions. Don't ask 'How long have you been in business?' (3 years), but 'How long have you been a Kioti dealer' (1 year). Neither are great answers, but I rationalize it by 1. I tend to do all my maintenance/repair myself, and have a well equipped shop with lift. 2. I have backup dealer 41 miles away, who has been in business longer. 3. Dealer took my 1980 Ford 1700 in trade, whereas the Kubota dealers wouldn't. Not a major issue, but..... 4. Given the amount of hours I expect to put on this tractor and the general statements here as to the Kioti reliability, if I have issues hopefully they will be minor ones. I'm actually more worried I won't put enough hours on it while under warranty to identify any potential issues.

Again, well done write up.

Two years ago, I went through exactly what your doing. I could not get any Kubota dealers to talk with me about a L3901 package. The ones I talked to all preferred to sell me Kubota skids teens. Ended up buying the Kioti CK4010 SEHC, and has all the available options from the factory. Later, I did see L3901 packages in local AG paper at about 14.8% higher price. All my Kioti implements are made by Woods, Kubota is Landpride. Overall, never regretted my decesion to buy Kioti. Everything works perfectly. Even did my 50 hr maintenance myself, so I could learn more about my tractor.

I could have lived with the price difference, just not the ergonomics. And the fact that they said I couldn't adapt my three point backhoe for use on the Kubota, so needed to drop another $7k. That's great you're tackling all your normal maintenance in order to learn.

Thanks everyone, Toukow

Attachments

• 2610 Posting.JPG
    2610 Posting.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 284
   / Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST #23  
Congratulations!!!

I am also going through the same process and getting frustrated. Want to buy a Kubota but my dealer wants $300 for pickup and delivery even for warranty work. And the Kubota machines are pricier. JD is hopeless...at least near me. No Kioti dealers near me.

I may wind up with an LS XR3135HC. No charge for pickup and delivery, service truck for on site work, and about 4$k less than the L3560 LE. But I worry abou the long term. I have a solid delaer but wonder about LS and parts availabilty 10 years down the road.

/ Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST #24  
Congratulations!!!

I am also going through the same process and getting frustrated. Want to buy a Kubota but my dealer wants $300 for pickup and delivery even for warranty work. And the Kubota machines are pricier. JD is hopeless...at least near me. No Kioti dealers near me.

I may wind up with an LS XR3135HC. No charge for pickup and delivery, service truck for on site work, and about 4$k less than the L3560 LE. But I worry abou the long term. I have a solid delaer but wonder about LS and parts availabilty 10 years down the road.
Personally I would not let $300 be the deciding factor if you want the Kubota.
Chance of needing a trip back for warranty service is small.

/ Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST #25  
toukow:

My CK2610 with R4's arrived just after noon, on Monday (2 days ago), along with a rear blade, box blade, pallet forks and a 3pt. quick attach. Options that were dealer installed are the linked throttle, and the rear remotes... Floor mat is back ordered.

Since delivery, I have spent a couple of hours grading my 200 yard driveway.
My first impressions are:
- The linked pedal is a "must have" feature for me - however, the implementation is not perfect - it doesn't open the throttle enough in reverse. The mechanism is a wonder to behold - I'm not sure how they could have made it more complicated.
- The 3pt lift action is "jerky", perhaps it will smooth out over time (The control lever is shorter than what I'm accustomed to, with a much shorter lever travel distance.
- The ability to exit from the right side is nice to have. The restricted egress on the L2501 would be an irritant.
- R4's definitely have less traction than R1's in loose material.
- The inside turning radius (in 2wd) is incredible... I'm not sure what they measured for the "8ft radius" published in the spec sheet, but inside to inside of the rear tire is significantly less. Perhaps radius and diameter were confused in translation?
- The 2wd/4wd control location could be much more convenient.
- Range selector is stiff and "notchy" - but I'm figuring out the tricks.

/ Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST
Personally I would not let $300 be the deciding factor if you want the Kubota.
Chance of needing a trip back for warranty service is small.

I agree with that totally. I was quoted that price and I think it must have been for 80 miles round trip, and that seemed cheap.

I looked at LS, but just a bit. Given they make the Boomer series for New Holland IIRC, that carried some weight to me. It's always difficult to judge reliability on forums of any product, as people who have issues will ALWAYS post, the happy ones not so much. Some claimed the resale was not bad, and if you start out $4k less.......

I'm lucky as a tractor is pretty much a luxury for me. If it cannot be repaired immediately, no big. If I made a living off of one, or it played an important part, I'd consider biting the bullet and paying extra for the Kubota. Plus you get a decoder ring as part of joining the fan club. Can't beat that! :)

Good luck, Toukow

/ Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST #27  
Thanks for the detailed reviews, Jim and Toukow! I'm pretty set on a 2610h myself, but my biggest remaining worry is whether 25 HP is enough; can it drive up a 10% grade in high range (up my driveway, say, with a full bucket, filled tires, and a heavy 3-pt implement), or will I have to drop to medium?

/ Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST #28  
Staying away from tier 4 stuff, and staying with mechanical injection made the decision for me. The good old KISS principle.
Like toukow, my tractor is a pure luxury. I wanted a hydro-stat for around this property - didn't want to deal with the clutch anymore. The old place needed a tractor for rough cut mowing.

Warning: Remember that a linked pedal is not your friend when attempting to climb hills - push the hand throttle wide open, and control the speed with the hydrostat pedal. The linked pedal opens the throttle but up shifts into high gear at the same time.

/ Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST #29  
Warning: Remember that a linked pedal is not your friend when attempting to climb hills - push the hand throttle wide open, and control the speed with the hydrostat pedal. The linked pedal opens the throttle but up shifts into high gear at the same time.

Yeah I can imagine the linked pedal might get you into trouble when driving up a hill. You'd need to press the pedal down to increase revs and speed, but then it loads the hydro, so you bog? I don't think it can shift trans range though, thats a direct mechanical linkage from the range selector lever, no?

/ Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST #30  
Yeah I can imagine the linked pedal might get you into trouble when driving up a hill. You'd need to press the pedal down to increase revs and speed, but then it loads the hydro, so you bog?
Exactly, depending on the hp available, range selected, the steepness of the hill, speed desired, load, and several other factors of course.:D:D
That's why you rev the engine and lift on the hydro-stat pedal.
Note: there will be a steepness of hill that can't be climbed in a particular range - the hydro-stat relief sets the maximum tractive force available in any range.

I don't think it can shift trans range though, thats a direct mechanical linkage from the range selector lever, no?
Correct - I used the term "shifting to high gear" to refer to the hydro-stat pump increasing it's displacement to maximum. Which has the same effect as shifting into high gear on a gear transmission. (increasing output speed and decreasing torque) Range selection is done after the transmission (both gear and hydrostat) and is strictly operator selected.
Sorry for any confusion related to my choice of verbiage.