Price Check Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST

/ Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST #1  

toukow

Silver Member
Tractor
2019 Kioti CK2610HST, Ford 1700 (Gone)
I will most likely pull the trigger this week on one of these two. Searching pricing on the forum makes me envious of other areas of the country. I do not think the Pacific Northwest has great deals on tractors, or I just suck on negotiating deals, which is a real possibility. It's also difficult to compare apples to apples, but I've tried here. Kioti includes the price of the free 50 hour tune up (forum says about $450 value), and the dealer said most likely they'll do it at my house. Can't beat that. I do not think it's included in the Kubota price, but will confirm. Kubota threw in an extra year of warranty on the loader for free, saying some sort Kubota promotional item.

After reading comments on the forum of Kioti dealers closing, I'm a bit nervous about the Kioti dealer who is 15 miles away. He's only been in business for 3 years, but I do have another dealer as backup about 50 miles away; they do not state how long they've been in business. The Kubota dealer has been around since 1986.

I had read here many times that the Kioti is much cheaper than the Kubota when commenting on many different models. Some of the comments are dated though, and 'much cheaper' is open to interpretation, of course. Perhaps the comments should have been qualifed as ;Kioti is much cheaper than Kubota once all the options are considered;? Not sure, but they do diverge more as options are added.

Question: Have comparable models of these two brands drawn closer in price over the years? Or are the price difference numbers below typical?

The quotes I have received are without tax, both have the 66 Quick Attach FEL's, no other options included-

Kubota with R1 tires, rear filled, delivered, cash discount applied, 1 year extra loader warranty free: $19170

Kioti with R1 tires, rear filled, delivered, plus free 50 hour tune up at $450: $17495

The Kioti was quoted at $18995-$750 cash discount-$300 Kioti Incentive until March 31-$450 free 50 hour service. The Kubota has a $500 cash discount, and technically the extended warranty was billed at $1.

So the Kubota is 9.5% more expensive than the Kioti price. Is that what you typically see when comparing these two models? Even being uncomfortable with the dealer's history, I'll probably go with Kioti because of the workstation layout as shown in attached (Kubota on left, Kioti on right), as getting off and on the tractor is the main reason I'm buying, along with power steering. I am curious on the typical pricing differences. Thanks for your time, Toukow

Attachments

• Kioti Kubota.jpg
    Kioti Kubota.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 471
   / Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST #2  
As a KIOTI dealer I'm biased but in my opinion the KIOTI is the superior machine, being less money is a bonus!

You pointed out two places the CK2610 has a serious advantage, plus the added loader lift capacity and overall operator comfort.

Obviously Kubota is the better known name but if you compare the specs and features of the two machines you should be paying less for the Kubota, not more. The price difference has narrowed a bit but a lot depends on the pricing strategy of each dealer.

/ Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST
As a KIOTI dealer I'm biased but in my opinion the KIOTI is the superior machine, being less money is a bonus!

You pointed out two places the CK2610 has a serious advantage, plus the added loader lift capacity and overall operator comfort.

Obviously Kubota is the better known name but if you compare the specs and features of the two machines you should be paying less for the Kubota, not more. The price difference has narrowed a bit but a lot depends on the pricing strategy of each dealer.

I agree the specs are better, and more importantly to me is a parameter not indicated by looking at specs- comfort/ergonomics. I tried at least 5 times getting into the Kubota with size 14 boots and it kept getting stuck between the 'stop tab' on the clutch pedal and the fender. Looking at the photos it's obvious that the CK has a larger foot platform, and has more room on the right side due to the lack of the treadle pedal. The Kioti is the closest I've come to finding a 'walk in and sit down' model.

Like I said, I do have concerns if this dealer will be there next year. Probably shouldn't judge a shop for how busy it is (or isn't, in this case) in Feb. He's a relatively small shop which also sell LS, but it appears to be a tractors only shop. They were unloading more LS tractors while I was there, so assume that's a good sign. I wasn't happy that I had to find the current Kioti incentive myself, but as Michael Corleone said 'it's strictly business', he needs to make a profit like everybody else. It was also interesting to me that the dealer which is farther away pretty much pushed me to the dealer who is nearer (I didn't know they existed). I'm not used to that from any dealer of any product, so wondered if that indicated the guy needed help. Other factors may be in play though.

One reason I feel more comfortable with going with the Kioti is simply that most of the work on the property is done. I'll be amazed if I have over 300 hours on it in 15 years, if I'm around that long. Given that, I could get along with lesser quality than either of these, but again, I'm buying for the power steering and comfort (and the backhoe subframe offered). It is supposed to arrive mid-week, so I'll have to decide then. I'm an engineer and evaluate the h*ll out of this stuff, but have a hard time overriding the points that favor the Kubota; pretty sure I will in the end.

Thanks for the comments, Toukow

/ Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST #4  
I went through this same issue a year ago.
I found pretty much what you did. The Kioti was around 8 percent lower price.

The Kioti dealer was a small farm store with 2 tractors on the lot that was 60 miles from me.

Kubota dealer 5 miles away has been there as long as I can remember.

I decided that $1700 was not enough savings to take the risk on an up and coming brand.

Each buyer needs to do want they are comfortable with.

I went through this same issue a year ago.
I found pretty much what you did. The Kioti was around 8 percent lower price.

The Kioti dealer was a small farm store with 2 tractors on the lot that was 60 miles from me.

Kubota dealer 5 miles away has been there as long as I can remember.

I decided that $1700 was not enough savings to take the risk on an up and coming brand.

Each buyer needs to do want they are comfortable with.

Thanks for confirming I'm at least in the ballpark of what other people have seen in the past on pricing. The options bring the pricing to a larger percentage (dual rear remotes $408 (supposedly no labor to install) vs $1545 Kubota and it starts adding up), but I agree with your logic that it wasn't enough to matter to you. I don't need it for a living, so have less pressures than the real tractor users. It may seem humorous to some, but getting on and off is driving my decision. The Ford has been good to me in general, but It's time for the upgrade.

Dealer said the Kioti just arrived unassembled, so it's show time! Thanks for the input., Toukow

Attachments

• Tractor.JPG
    Tractor.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 412
   / Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST #6  
Thanks for confirming I'm at least in the ballpark of what other people have seen in the past on pricing. The options bring the pricing to a larger percentage (dual rear remotes $408 (supposedly no labor to install) vs $1545 Kubota and it starts adding up), but I agree with your logic that it wasn't enough to matter to you. I don't need it for a living, so have less pressures than the real tractor users. It may seem humorous to some, but getting on and off is driving my decision. The Ford has been good to me in general, but It's time for the upgrade.

Dealer said the Kioti just arrived unassembled, so it's show time! Thanks for the input., Toukow

My Ford is even worse than that. The loader controls are under the seat and the hydraulic lines run down the top of the transmission. It is a real jungle gym to get on and off of.

/ Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST #7  
One difference I ogives is the seat on the Kioti is apparently a suspension seat. A cheap seat makes for a miserable operating experience on rough ground. I junked the seat on my LS less than a month after I bought it.

Also worth mentioning, the 50 hour service is not cheap.
Luckily, either way you go, you are going to end up with a good tractor.

One difference I ogives is the seat on the Kioti is apparently a suspension seat. A cheap seat makes for a miserable operating experience on rough ground. I junked the seat on my LS less than a month after I bought it.

Also worth mentioning, the 50 hour service is not cheap.
Luckily, either way you go, you are going to end up with a good tractor.

I agree the seat felt pretty darn plush, wish some of my motorcycles were that comfortable. The Kubota dealer quoted $350 plus $200 for transport for the same service, so you're right that it's not cheap. I'm embarrassed to say (due to low hour usage) I hope my dealer is around by the time I hit 50 hours, so I can use it. But it's like I said to my wife 'Tell me what the weather will be for the next 10 years, and I'll tell you if we need a new tractor or not'. We just had a record snow for the Seattle area in Feb. which provided some motivation to do what I've been talking about for 8 years.

Thanks for the input, Toukow

/ Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST #9  

"Since the first KIOTI tractor was introduced in the U.S. in 1986, KIOTI has aligned itself among the nation’s leading tractor brands."

They have been up and coming for about 33 years now! :D

/ Price Check Comparison CK2610HST vs L2501HST #10