Pressure washer with suction?

/ Pressure washer with suction?
I got an 8 year old generac and this weekend I tried gravity feeding it. It actually worked quite well. PSI was down from hooking up to the house. I'd say it was running around 1500-1700 psi. Washed the wife's truck and went through about 12 gallons of water. Pump did start to heat up so it gives me an idea.

/ Pressure washer with suction? #22  
I use 2 350 gallon IBC totes collecting rainwater to washdown my equipment and a 110 volt 'Pony Pump' to provide the head pressure. Never seen any PW pump that will suck for beans. I had Cats, AR's and presently a Karcher cold water machine. None of them sucked.

/ Pressure washer with suction? #23  
I built about 10 of these for trucks, all suction. Why do mine work when others do not? These are positive displacement pumps.

/ Pressure washer with suction? #24  
When i unhook hose from frostfree, i drop hose and use pressure washer until it stops spraying. This way i empty hose. No one is going to tell me it wont suck. Its an older honda powered pump.

/ Pressure washer with suction? #26  
the spray pattern never changed. Im going to try placing hose in 55 gal barrel and see what happens…..maybe this weekend if rain clears up. Always wondered.

I don't think mine "sucked". I filled up one of those plastic 20 gallon jugs, put in the faucet and hooked up the hose to the washer. It was up on our retaining wall so roughly 4 ft above the pressure washer.

IMG_20220423_175955.jpg

/ Pressure washer with suction? #29  
Not to get too far out in left field but I wonder if the second in command sucks harder...lol