power tool recommendation

/ power tool recommendation #91  
Generic red colored unit from lowes for $250 with Honda gx series ? Vertical shaft mower. Lasted a year. Relief seized up and would over pressurize and stall the motor.

I can go see if the brand name was on the motor but I thru the rest if it away a few years ago
Thanks for the reply.

/ power tool recommendation #92  
hello to all,

it's hard to believe the reviews online, so I am asking any of you that have owned a power washer for at least 2-4 yrs and like the results, what do you use? Looking for something w 2500-3000psi, for both home and ranch operations. Unfortunately my grew legs and it is gone. I still have the hoses, wand, attachments and other. Looking for a reliable make & model.

really would appreciate what you like about it and it's performance. if you have one that's been performing poorly, that's good to know too.

thank you very much,
tstex

Honda engine and CAT pump, reliable combination that runs forever with a little maintenance.

/ power tool recommendation #93  
I do not have the model number, as it is stored at our maple sugar operation, and I doubt that it is made any more, as I cannot find a current listing, but years ago, I purchased a Subaru branded power washer from Costco. It was just over $300 with tax. It is over 3000psi, has battery/charger/electric start, hose, wand and 4 nozzles. We have used it now for over 7 years, primarily to power wash the stainless steel storage tanks (2x2000gal, 3x1500gal), two poly tanks (1000gal), and the SS maple syrup evaporator, SS RO, SS syrup canning unit, and all other equipment at the sugar house. We also use it to power wash the truck (Ford F550 with dump body), as weather permits, to get road salt off the truck and frame. It has been an extreme time save in the clean up operation. It has never failed to start and has served us well. While the engine is not quiet like many Honda's (remember always use ear protection), it starts easily, and runs quite some time on a tank of gas.

/ power tool recommendation #94  
I'm beginning to believe anything with a Honda motor on it is ok....
I'll second this, I've had many Honda engined items where the engine outlived the rest of the device.

I just had a DuroMax generator die on me where the engine cracked from the cylinder to the block. Granted it was run hard (probably too hard) for every other weekend for a year and a half. It's a bit disappointing when the one part that fails is the only one you can't replace.

The problem I've seen with power washers is that the pumps fail if any fluid is left to sit inside the pump. My current one is a Northstar from Northern Tool. It's a 3000 psi unit that works well enough for my purposes and I've had it going on 3 years now. I'll admit I don't use it a lot maybe 6 times a year.

/ power tool recommendation #95  
I have a Rigid brand pressure washer. It is 3500 psi and has ability to use soaps and detergents with it also. It has a Subaru engine and a CAT pump. This thing will strip the paint of your house if your not careful or write your name in concrete. It came with several different nozzles. FYI - I wouldn’t buy any pressure washer if it didn’t have a brass CAT pump. It has never failed me and starts right up even after sitting for 6-8 months at a time.

/ power tool recommendation
Thank you guys, great info.

It seems the pump is the greatest single point of failure, then the carb.

I have read all the comments and the guys up N where it freezes regularly, have issues w the pump post freeze if the water is not removed. In S/SE TX, we rarely have bad freezes. Storing mine in an airtight/non exposed to directly elements has served me well. For the guys that also do not have freeze issues, do you try to drain pump when done or for longer non-sure periods? I always remove the wand hose and drain it. By moving the PW, some water drains out of the hose/inbound water line. By not draining the PW's pump in non-freezing areas, does the existing water cause any issues? I would have to believe that perhaps heavy mineral/CA/Iron based well water or similar would come into play too.

Thanks again for all the replies guys....tstex

/ power tool recommendation #97  
   / power tool recommendation #98  
Makes sure what ever you purchase to drain the water out of the pump after each use.I alway use a pump lube every fall before storage ..

/ power tool recommendation
You get what you pay for.if you want a $300-$400 power washer it might last 4-5 years.Cheap motor,cheap water pumps..
I hear you. When I was single, that was the case for everything...w 3 daughters in college, funds are less plentiful as being single. As stated by coobie and many others, engaging in proper/consistent maintenance is mission critical..thanks for your feedback.

/ power tool recommendation #100  
My final 2cents on pressure washers is using these filters in spigots where you hook it up, they arent pricey and seem to work good filtering sand and debris from well water in shop better than the screen on inlet of pressure washer. I also saved the initial bottle of pressure washer winterizer, and re fill it/use RV/marine antifreeze every fall it costs pennies vs buying a new bottle of (pressure washer antifreeze) every year.

Attachments

• KIMG1236.JPG
    KIMG1236.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
  • KIMG1235.JPG
    KIMG1235.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • KIMG1237.JPG
    KIMG1237.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 68