Poured wall barn foundation

/ Poured wall barn foundation #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
I have a issue. My contractor screwed up and poured the walls so that two garage doors are on same side of barn when they should be on each end. I guess he can cut out those sections but when he re-pours will it bond correctly to what has already cured?

/ Poured wall barn foundation #2  
Think I would consider a new contractor? Was he working from plans?

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Poured wall barn foundation #3  
You can "dowel" it in if we are talking about solid cast walls. You drill #5 rear dowels in the cast wall; epoxy them in say 6" in and 6" out. Then pour the concrete; the dowels bond it all together. If we are talking about CMU wall, you can basically do similar but not nearly as deep. CMU doesn't have much strength other than compression unless you fill the cells. If your really worried about it, you can use some bonding agent painted on the mating surface; but do welding say every 24" will do what you need.

/ Poured wall barn foundation #4  
sawtooth, leave the extra opening and cut out the one on the other end that you want. I have a 10x10 door on each end (drive thru) and a 9x8 next to one of the 10x10's. Knowing the dimensions and layout of your building would be helpful. lt190b

/ Poured wall barn foundation
It's solid cast walls. Contractor came by and admitted he made a mistake. Normally he does great work so was surprised. He said they could put in rebar to mend it together. Building is 40x70 with 14x10 garage doors. Right now he has two 14' opening on front of building.

/ Poured wall barn foundation #6  
Take advantage of this. Have him cover the cost of extra door and leave two in front alone and cut out the back like you planned for opening. Much easier and you might just use the extra door.

Sent from my Venue8 3840 using TractorByNet

/ Poured wall barn foundation #7  
Take advantage of this. Have him cover the cost of extra door and leave two in front alone and cut out the back like you planned for opening. Much easier and you might just use the extra door.

Sent from my Venue8 3840 using TractorByNet
That's what I ment to say. lt190b

Good point. I will talk to him about this today. Thanks

/ Poured wall barn foundation #10  
I'm going with 2 front doors. Thanks for your suggestions.

Extra doors is rarely a bad thing! I went with two 18x12 front doors and two 12x10 end doors, and I'm really glad I did. I only use two of the doors regularly now, but have used the other two at times, and when I'm finished, think I'll use all of them pretty regularly.

This was the end of the day after they hung the two front doors (did the side doors the next day)....which reminds me, I need to take some new pics! It's 40x64' with a 12' lean-to making it sorta 52x64.