posthole diggers

/ posthole diggers #1  

polkwrangler

Silver Member
Tractor
1997 L35 kubota
i hve a large pair to dig large corner posts,what brand of manual pole diggers for line posts 4 inch wood posts don't need a huge heavy set that will kill me

/ posthole diggers #3  

This is the best I've used. They are heavy, but more efficient. My set is extremely old, likely 75 years old.

/ posthole diggers #4  

This is the best I've used. They are heavy, but more efficient. My set is extremely old, likely 75 years old.
1000% Used one as a kid on the farm, bought one for myself. Most capable tool that does what it's designed to do.

I actually posted a thread on this digger a while back. You can probably search it.

/ posthole diggers #5  
I've always use the standard old wood handle clam shell diggers. And they never cost near $200.

/ posthole diggers #6  
I used to use the old clamshell diggers, and then bought a property with one of the "Nu Boston" type. I will never use the old style again. The articulated ones get so much more soil out each time. A pleasure to use one.

YMMV....

All the best, Peter

/ posthole diggers #7  
I’d spend $2000 for an auger before I spent $200 on post hole diggers.

/ posthole diggers #8  
Every time that I've ever used the clamshell type, I've ended up catching my fingers between the handles. I guess I'm just a slow learner.

/ posthole diggers #9  
Anyone handing me a manual posthole digger better run before their hit with same tool.

i had to use one of those for years in my younger days. Useless piece of cra*. The inventor needs to be strung up.....but I rant.

/ posthole diggers #10  
Hey - I didn't find the clam shell digger so difficult. Matter of fact - I still have it. Haven't had to use it in over........ 39 years. Had to use it EXACTLY 18 times. Number of holes for the 6x6's needed to build my multi stall carport.