Post your favorite winter time stew or soup (Bonus points if it's easy)

/ Post your favorite winter time stew or soup (Bonus points if it's easy) #131  
Love stuffed bell peppers . . . (y)
Our last batch were outstanding! I changed my recipe just a tad; used one pound of hamburger and 1/2 pound of sausage and increased the other ingredients a tad, except for the diced tomatoes. I added a 10 oz. can of original Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilis...gave it just a hint of a green chili bite. I also added two large cleaned and deveined Anaheim peppers; and they were as good as it gets!

/ Post your favorite winter time stew or soup (Bonus points if it's easy) #132  
Our last batch were outstanding! I changed my recipe just a tad; used one pound of hamburger and 1/2 pound of sausage and increased the other ingredients a tad, except for the diced tomatoes. I added a 10 oz. can of original Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilis...gave it just a hint of a green chili bite. I also added two large cleaned and deveined Anaheim peppers; and they were as good as it gets!
Oh wow! Now that sounds like a great twist on your recipe.

/ Post your favorite winter time stew or soup (Bonus points if it's easy) #133  
   / Post your favorite winter time stew or soup (Bonus points if it's easy) #134  
Fresh garden veggies aren't too far away; this is an awesome and delicious salsa/dip that is so easy. Old family recipe.

FRESH GARDEN SALSA

This is by far the best I know of.
1 pint of chopped tomatoes
1/2 pint of chopped onion
1/2 pint of chopped mixed hot/mild red/green/yellow peppers to taste.
Bottle of Original Wishbone salad dressing.
Garlic to taste
Mix peppers, tomatoes and onions; add enough Wishbone salad dressing to cover generously. Stir
slightly; dip with tortilla chips, and stand back. You probably can't make enough. Good luck.

Portions are approximate; mix to your own taste

/ Post your favorite winter time stew or soup (Bonus points if it's easy) #135  
Fresh garden veggies aren't too far away; this is an awesome and delicious salsa/dip that is so easy. Old family recipe.

FRESH GARDEN SALSA

This is by far the best I know of.
1 pint of chopped tomatoes
1/2 pint of chopped onion
1/2 pint of chopped mixed hot/mild red/green/yellow peppers to taste.
Bottle of Original Wishbone salad dressing.
Garlic to taste
Mix peppers, tomatoes and onions; add enough Wishbone salad dressing to cover generously. Stir
slightly; dip with tortilla chips, and stand back. You probably can't make enough. Good luck.

Portions are approximate; mix to your own taste
That sounds tasty! 😛

/ Post your favorite winter time stew or soup (Bonus points if it's easy) #137  
I really like that you enjoy cooking. Life can't get any better for those who love to cook. Strange to say that those are usually men.

/ Post your favorite winter time stew or soup (Bonus points if it's easy) #138  

FRESH GARDEN SALSA
I like your recipe and am going to make it with homemade dressing below instead of the Wishbone.

• Lemon juice and white wine vinegar – They make the dressing zesty and bright.
  • Dijon mustard – For extra tang.
  • Garlic – It adds sharp, savory depth of flavor.
  • Honey – Don’t skip it! Instead of making the dressing sweet, it mellows the bold lemon juice, vinegar, and Dijon mustard. If you’re vegan, use maple syrup in its place.
  • Fresh parsley, dried oregano, and thyme – For fresh Italian flavor! This combination of fresh and dried herbs gives this dressing more nuance and depth than you’d find in any bottled dressing.
  • Extra-virgin olive oil – It adds richness and marries the flavors of the other ingredients.
  • And sea salt and freshly ground black pepper – To make all the flavors pop!
Add the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, honey, herbs, salt, and pepper to a small bowl, and whisk to combine. Alternatively, place the ingredients in a Mason jar with a tight-fitting lid, and shake until the dressing is emulsified. Season to taste, and enjoy!

/ Post your favorite winter time stew or soup (Bonus points if it's easy) #139  
He is the recipe for the best slaw ever, especially with seafood, fish, etc. It originated with a seafood restaurant called "Herman's" that has long ceased to exist, but we were fortunate enough to acquire the recipe. It's absolutely super.

HERMAN'S COLE SLAW

1 head of cabbage (approx. 2 pounds), Shredded
1 medium yellow onion
2 medium carrots, grated
1/4 cup sugar, plus one tablespoon
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/3 cup salad oil
1 - 2 cloves garlic (or more, to taste)
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)

Shred cabbage and onion. Mix in bowl with grated carrots. Cover with 1/4 cup of sugar and set aside.

Boil vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, mustard, celery seed and garlic. Pour over cabbage while hot. Mix well, then stir in salad oil and salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight and serve cold.

This slaw is good anytime, but is especially good with fish and seafood.

/ Post your favorite winter time stew or soup (Bonus points if it's easy) #140  
I like your recipe and am going to make it with homemade dressing below instead of the Wishbone.

• Lemon juice and white wine vinegar – They make the dressing zesty and bright.
  • Dijon mustard – For extra tang.
  • Garlic – It adds sharp, savory depth of flavor.
  • Honey – Don’t skip it! Instead of making the dressing sweet, it mellows the bold lemon juice, vinegar, and Dijon mustard. If you’re vegan, use maple syrup in its place.
  • Fresh parsley, dried oregano, and thyme – For fresh Italian flavor! This combination of fresh and dried herbs gives this dressing more nuance and depth than you’d find in any bottled dressing.
  • Extra-virgin olive oil – It adds richness and marries the flavors of the other ingredients.
  • And sea salt and freshly ground black pepper – To make all the flavors pop!
Add the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, honey, herbs, salt, and pepper to a small bowl, and whisk to combine. Alternatively, place the ingredients in a Mason jar with a tight-fitting lid, and shake until the dressing is emulsified. Season to taste, and enjoy!
Please promise me you will set aside just a tad, maybe a cup full and use the Wishbone, just for comparison's sake. We often take it to parties, etc. and you NEVER have any left over.