Post Season Plots

/ Post Season Plots #1  

lakngulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30
I planted a mix of wheat, oats, rye and clover in my main plots, along with some purple top turnips. In addition, I have some strips that are on their second year of durana clover. Looks like the deer and turkey are enjoying the plot post season.

The clover in the mix is doing very well in all the plots

/ Post Season Plots #2  
That looks great! So green still this time of year. It's definitely one of the things that occasionally makes me consider why I live where I do. I would love to be able to send you a picture of a food plot on my place right now, but two things impede that. One, I can't even have a food plot because we aren't allowed them here, and two, even if I could have a food plot, it'd be under 2 feet of white stuff right now :thumbdown:

/ Post Season Plots #3  
Look well "mowed", so they sure must like the "flavors":thumbsup:

/ Post Season Plots
Look well "mowed", so they sure must like the "flavors":thumbsup:

They do get after it pretty good, but a couple of cows from the neighboring farmer's herd broke thru the fence during the winter and kept it "mowed".

/ Post Season Plots #5  
Looks great. Are you going to plant a spring food plot? When will you plow this one in and will you spray it first or just plow it? Mine looks very similar, and I'm wanting to get rid of all the grass that's coming up in it before planting in the spring

Eddie

/ Post Season Plots
Looks great. Are you going to plant a spring food plot? When will you plow this one in and will you spray it first or just plow it? Mine looks very similar, and I'm wanting to get rid of all the grass that's coming up in it before planting in the spring

Eddie

My plan was to mow the plot, till and broadcast chufa (for turkeys). This would be about mid May. But, the clover from my fall mix is doing so well that I will just keep the field cut and see how long it will keep going. I try not to spray, just till stuff under.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

/ Post Season Plots #8  
But, the clover from my fall mix is doing so well that I will just keep the field cut and see how long it will keep going. I try not to spray, just till stuff under.

I have 2 plots with the same mix as you that are doing well, and I'm also considering letting them go into the summer and see how they hold up.

In a couple of other plots with 2 year old clover, a good deal of grass has emerged. Anyone ever tried spraying one of the selective herbicides that is supposed to kill the grass but not the clover?

/ Post Season Plots
But, the clover from my fall mix is doing so well that I will just keep the field cut and see how long it will keep going. I try not to spray, just till stuff under.

I have 2 plots with the same mix as you that are doing well, and I'm also considering letting them go into the summer and see how they hold up.

In a couple of other plots with 2 year old clover, a good deal of grass has emerged. Anyone ever tried spraying one of the selective herbicides that is supposed to kill the grass but not the clover?

Go to qdma.com forums and search on spraying clover. Several folks there have talked about something to spray into clover to kill weeds and grass