Pole Barn Addition

/ Pole Barn Addition #61  
That sure looks like just a pole barn. I can see why Barnwood Builders didn't want it. Looks to be very savable.
I can't believe no one wanted to just come take the siding off of it.
Still, sadness there that no one wanted to re use that wood. That wouldn't happen in the south.
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
   / Pole Barn Addition #62  
Good video. How long did it take to clean it all up and haul it away?

/ Pole Barn Addition
That sure looks like just a pole barn. I can see why Barnwood Builders didn't want it. Looks to be very savable.
I can't believe no one wanted to just come take the siding off of it.
Still, sadness there that no one wanted to re use that wood. That wouldn't happen in the south.
hugs, Brandi
It was true post and beam, with wooden pegs holding everything together. I was really hoping to avoid paying $10K to have it demolished and hauled away, but no such luck.

/ Pole Barn Addition
Good video. How long did it take to clean it all up and haul it away?
It was a day and a half job. At the end of day one, all of the structure was gone, leaving only the concrete floor which was 18" thick in some places. They threw in every boulder on the property and then covered it with concrete. Day 2 was digging up all the concrete and hauling it off, leaving a sloping pad as our starting point for the new barn. They were gone by noon. We had to bring in many yards of dirt to raise up the back side of the build site by 3 feet so it was even with the front. The old barn was built in 3 levels with 12-18" between levels because of the slope.

/ Pole Barn Addition #65  
It was true post and beam, with wooden pegs holding everything together. I was really hoping to avoid paying $10K to have it demolished and hauled away, but no such luck.
To save $10,000 dollars, I would have burn it down before building the garage.
But I would have found a way to take it down myself with my Lull. After all, Johnny Jet is my hero.
hugs, Brandi