Plowed garden with gravely

/ Plowed garden with gravely #1  

Lnk

Gold Member
Tractor
Ferguson to-20, Deutz D7007, Yazoo yhr-60, Gravely 5240, Gravely C8 and model L,
Prepped the garden today with the gravely rotary plow on my C8. Also prepared a planting area for more raspberries. The thing sat all winter with the fuel off when I shut it down last fall. Choked it and it fired on the first pull. Funny thing is, my most reliable equipment on the farm is also the oldest. The '51 a Ferguson tractor starts right up, any temperature, and this old gravely fires right up after 6 months of sitting.

/ Plowed garden with gravely #2  
Gravely built their own engines until the 70's. 4" bore and 4" stroke+/- it had tremendous torque - just what was needed in a walk behind tractor. Simple and with a reputation for being indestructible Parts still available from Gravely. I don't know what engine is in your C8

Gravely stopped making their own engine as an economy move, after their disastrous move to North Carolina.

/ Plowed garden with gravely
Gravely built their own engines until the 70's. 4" bore and 4" stroke+/- it had tremendous torque - just what was needed in a walk behind tractor. Simple and with a reputation for being indestructible Parts still available from Gravely. I don't know what engine is in your C8

Gravely stopped making their own engine as an economy move, after their disastrous move to North Carolina.
Mine is a 68', they started calling the L8 a C8 when they upped the hp to 7.6hp vs the L8 6.6. this is a gravely T-head, and I like it better than my 5240. You can definitely lug the gravely engine. With the hills I have, the pressurized lubrication gives me piece of mind.

Last edited:
   / Plowed garden with gravely #4  
In the last 7 years, I am pretty sure the Gravely rotary plow has done more non-gardening tasks, than garden bed prep.

Here it is installing a 4" pipe for a water runoff that my SIL could not mow over.

5wd0uDa.jpg

After burying a pipe, the area now stays dry enough to mow, and there is no ditch.

We wanted to get rid of a dozen or more years of tax records,,
The rotary plow dug a trench, we put the documents in the trench,, the rotary plow covered the paperwork up nicely,,

EcxN95C.jpg

0w1uSrs.jpg

CQxdZkY.jpg

AND, we are always planting another tree or bush, or shrub,,

One bolt, and the wheels are off, and the machine is ready to dig a nice hole!!

ejyyQFU.jpg