Backhoe Planning a Steel Pallet for my BX Backhoe

/ Planning a Steel Pallet for my BX Backhoe #1  

Tractor Seabee

Elite Member
Port Orchard WA Kitsap Peninsula, West of Seattle
Tractor
Kubota BX25
This winter I want to build a steel pallet to park my BX25 BH. Hoping someone in TBN land has done this and can share plans or good pictures for me to follow. I have never believed in re-inventing the wheel if someone already has, probably several times already. FEL won't lift it; so will install wheels and a tow bar. Thanks in advance.

Ron

/ Planning a Steel Pallet for my BX Backhoe #2  
A pallet... made out of steel?

Isn't that sacrilegious or something?

Attachments

• miffed.jpg
    miffed.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 156
  • Outrage 9.jpg
    Outrage 9.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 152
   / Planning a Steel Pallet for my BX Backhoe #4  
Like the crate it was shipped to the dealer on?

/ Planning a Steel Pallet for my BX Backhoe #7  
I am thinking of building a similar dolly for my Woods backhoe. Interested in seeing what others have done.

/ Planning a Steel Pallet for my BX Backhoe #8  
I have picked up two galvanized steel pallets at the scrapyard. One corrugated solid top/bottom (heavy $30). Another slated, much lighter. Was going to use them to move 55 gallon barrels of fuel.

Made a special wood pallet/platform for my B26 backhoe from timbers to get the right height for storage on the ground. Makes reconnecting so much easier.

/ Planning a Steel Pallet for my BX Backhoe #9  
I will try and take a picture of a large pallet I made for my ditch mower. Basically a tubing frame, expanded steel mesh and heavy castors. It has fork pockets but also a hinged handle for manually pushing or pulling it around.

DSC00104.JPG

The handle can be attached at either end. The fork provisions are garbage though. I thought this would suffice, but learned that tubes would be much, much better.

Last edited:
   / Planning a Steel Pallet for my BX Backhoe
I will try and take a picture of a large pallet I made for my ditch mower. Basically a tubing frame, expanded steel mesh and heavy castors. It has fork pockets but also a hinged handle for manually pushing or pulling it around.

View attachment 627614

The handle can be attached at either end. The fork provisions are garbage though. I thought this would suffice, but learned that tubes would be much, much better.

One of the things with tailored load and prep for forks; you have to be pretty close on the center of balance. You don't want a heavy side if avoidable.

Ron