Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,671  
We've had a good spring snow storm pushing this last week. So we aren't out of it yet. There's a solid 3.5 feet of settled snow in the yard but I've lost my base on the driveway.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,672  
Dropped the chains off the tractor and the rear blade. When the ground firms up a bit I'll get my grapple on and start cleaning up some of the storm damaged trees that I just shoved out of the way to open the driveway on our last heavy wet storm.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,673  
I just used mine on Saturday to clear 20 plus inches we got from Thursday night through Saturday morning. I'm hoping I can take the blower off soon.

Tim

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,674  
I noticed folks mentioning they take their chains off at the end of winter.
Does anyone just leave them on all year long ?
I've never taken mine chains (2-Link Ladder) off the rear tires
of my B7800 since 2005.
I only drive on pavement during the winter.
During non winter months I'll grade the driveway, mow fields, haul firewood from
my woodlot. When not in use the tractor is in my garage and the cement floor
shows no significant sighs of wear.

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #6,675  
I take them off my main tractor because they dig up the driveway in the summer. The ones on my 574 thats on the pto generator trailer the chains have been on for a couple of years as I don't use it for road travel and only occasional use during the rest of the year.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,676  
Foggy morning. We had a cold 33 degree rain last night but supposed to be near 60 today. Snow season started very slow. Way behind but caught up and went ahead a little in March. This is typical for the first week in April here. Ice, snow, and mud in any combination and depending on the time of day.

P1020176.JPG

Next good freeze I will rescue the plow stranded on the grass.

gg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,677  
Well, took the day to remove chains and all snow equipment. Ground is too soft for chains anymore. They wreck havoc on driveway. Going to have a week of high 50’s and rain coming in a few days.

took everything off, power washed it all and touched up the paint to prevent rusting.
I think I'll be doing the same tomorrow.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,678  
I noticed folks mentioning they take their chains off at the end of winter.
Does anyone just leave them on all year long ?
I've never taken mine chains (2-Link Ladder) off the rear tires
of my B7800 since 2005.
I only drive on pavement during the winter.
During non winter months I'll grade the driveway, mow fields, haul firewood from
my woodlot. When not in use the tractor is in my garage and the cement floor
shows no significant sighs of wear.
Sure would you be tough on the chains to leave them on. Tough on the lawn, driveway or any surface you drive on as well.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,679  
Sure would you be tough on the chains to leave them on. Tough on the lawn, driveway or any surface you drive on as well.
I kind of thought the same thing when I first decided to leave the chains on and would have taken them off if they started to be a problem.
Because they are 2 link ladder chains, I believe is why they are not tough on my lawn or gravel driveway and I don't see any damage on the garage concrete floor where I park my tractor.
These chains have been on the tractor for 18 years and they do show some wear but should last for many more years.

2 Link Ladder.JPG

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #6,680  
What's the advantage of leaving them on? Seems those R4's should be giving you plenty of traction in nearly all conditions.

I run turf tires on all of my machines, and even those give sufficient traction on asphalt when plowing. The only time I chain up is when pulling a wagon or trailer through deep snow, or when going into deep mud.

• Good Post
Reactions: DHD