Pick Up Bed Liners

/ Pick Up Bed Liners
Do you have the wiring hookups in your bumper? Both the flat four and the big round one? If so you can add the factory brake controller but you have to get the dealer to program it or if your a do it yourselfer you can do it. There is a program called Forscan that I understand is free and you just need to get a cord to go from a phone, IPad or laptop to your OBD port on your truck. There is a bunch of different settings you can control with Forscan.
I do the $315 "Class IV Trailer Hitch- both plugs in bumper they give you a connector plug with 4 wires that I assume go to whatever off the shelf controller you buy. But I did see on You tube a guy setting up a 22 150 but mine is a late one 10/22 build and nothing like this guy had on his. He did however show what looks like a change holder block that apparently is where the factory controller goes. I'll check with dealer.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #82  
Have to get a liner for F-150. Thinking spray in...Rhino or Line X . Any opinions?
I have had both line-x and rhino and it seems that the rhino is a little softer and tends to gouge when you push sharp objects into the bed and the line-x is a little harder but if you were to damage your bed you can remove the rhino by peeling it but the line-x is hard to remove. I think they are both good products and 100 times better than the plastic drop in liners. Looked at a new truck that had the drop in liner and was told they would not remove it so I refused to buy the truck.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #83  
I have had both: 2002 GMC Sierra (LineX) & now 2012 Tundra (Rhino). Both are great products when installed by experienced technicians at a reputable LineX or Rhino shop.
That being said, IMHO the Rhino is better -I will explain: LineX is hard & very gritty, thereby can scratch or damage an item loaded in the bed if it is dragged or slides; Rhino is a little softer and grippy - if you are moving heavy and sharp items on it you can tear/damage Rhino easier than LineX. I prefer to not damage items I'm transporting in the bed of my truck. Rhino are also easier to clean with soap and water, as the nod-skid surface of LineX tends to hold onto small particles even under pressure of a strong water stream. Rhino liners are also much easier on your backside if you use your tailgate to sit for a bit. RHINO is BETTER!

/ Pick Up Bed Liners
Guys- just a follow up on this.. Used my Duraliner for first time the other day with demo from a kitchen counter rebuild. Glad I made that choice..throw sharp edged counter panels in with no concern about cutting.No doubt not as clean a look as a Line X but for my needs a better choice. Thx again for all the opinions (y)

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #85  
I have a spray in bedliner in my truck. I couldn't tell you which brand. But I sure like it

It's been super durable and handled all the crsp I throw into the bed.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #86  
Hah- on same note Friday a pal is telling about me about someone who did a spray in on a good sized dump trailer. Quickly discovered that depending on material, cleanout is a problem. and I would imagine again depending on material your dump height may get higher as the load does not start sliding right away at lower dump angle.

Yep - that's exactly why most dump trailer manufacturers don't offer spray linings, and some of them will void your sheetmetal warranty if you have 1 installed.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #87  
Line-X.

Never plastic ever again.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #88  
I have both plastic and currently have Linex. I had a 10 1/2' cab-over camper slide enough on the plastic liner to dent the front of my bed after a quick jab of the brakes. Another time I had a pallet with 20 sacks of concrete slide forward when i was coming downhill to a stop sign. Linex or Rhino may not be as easy to slide in or out, but I don't want things sliding around! The cement bags pushed the front of my bed up against the cab and that was a pain to provide clearance! If you go with spray in, the outfit that did mine removed all the bolts and tie downs before spraying the bed, then put them back in so I if I ever have to remove them they aren't all gunked up.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #89  
I have had plastic, line x, and nothing. All my beds rot out from underneath the cross members never had holes in the bed floor. I don't see a difference with any liners

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #90  
Son borrowed my truck, and immediately split about 8 gallons of used hydralic oil in the bed. Pressure washed it out of the drop in liner, but aleast most if it came out. Do the spray liners absorb oils, and if so, does it break them down at all?