Pick Up Bed Liners

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #31  
Wow, I'm surprised that much in US dollars. My Ford dealer quoted me $500 Canadian (which is worthless) to do my 8 foot box.
BUT then again that was Sept 2000 so covid pricing wasn't in full effect at that point.
Prices have changed a LOT in the past 23 years.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #32  
I’ve had the rubber mat which wasn’t bad. Plastic liner which was my favorite. It’s easy to slide stuff out and it’s easy to clean. Plus it has shock absorption when I throw wood in. My current truck has spray in and I hate it. Yes it does look good but I hate it being textured. Nothing slides on it at all. I suppose that could be a positive or a negative depending on the person. For what I do I will never put a spray in on my truck. I need to replace this bed and I’m either going to do nothing or go plastic.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #33  
GMC currently options the spray in bedliner for new trucks at 550 usd for an 8' bed.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #35  
I’ve had the rubber mat which wasn’t bad. Plastic liner which was my favorite. It’s easy to slide stuff out and it’s easy to clean. Plus it has shock absorption when I throw wood in. My current truck has spray in and I hate it. Yes it does look good but I hate it being textured. Nothing slides on it at all. I suppose that could be a positive or a negative depending on the person. For what I do I will never put a spray in on my truck. I need to replace this bed and I’m either going to do nothing or go plastic.
I have the same feelings as you do and I mostly haul firewood too.

PS...I have never had a moisture or rusting problem under the liner.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #36  
I have the same feelings as you do and I mostly haul firewood too.

PS...I have never had a moisture or rusting problem under the liner.
My truck with the plastic liner didn’t have any rusting issues either. My spray in liner the beds all soft underneath it. I’ll probably have to replace it this year or next year if I really wanna milk it out.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #37  
Have to get a liner for F-150. Thinking spray in...Rhino or Line X . Any opinions?
Spray in will protect from scratches and maybe a small dent. I would go with a plastic drop in. I have had both types. The plastic drop in will move a vibrate some and wear the bed paint off but it will protect from dents from dropping tools or firewood or what ever, unless it is really big and heavy. I have a spray in now. ONly, because the plastic ones won't let my fifth wheel hitch fasten in the bed. Just my opinion and you know about them. Everyone has one.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #38  
Have used both Rhino and Line X. Much prefer Line X. Could have a lot to do with the installer. The Rhino was rough looking and chipped pretty badly. The two Line X were very clean and have never chipped.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #39  
I used a horse stall mat in the back of my Ram, I can throw anything I want back there and it still looks new...

Two votes for horse mat — one for each of my p/u’s. Doesn’t fit around wheel wells and dirt gets underneath but protection from dents is gets ratings. I pull the mat and hose out bed when I get energetic.