Pick Up Bed Liners

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #41  
The spray-in companies demand some sort of prep work before spraying. I have seen everything from no sanding to sanding to cut the paint gloss to using a coarse grit that cuts through the paint into the metal. If you don't sand the surface the liner material may peel off and have to be resprayed. If you sand into the metal, will that allow rust to form under the liner? I think I would want to see the shop prep a truck first before I would give them my truck.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #42  
I remember asking the Line-X guy how to remove it if I ever wanted to. He shrugged and said get an air hammer with chisel. Also he said he could do a respray or touch-up if it ever got gouged or damaged. 22 years and still going strong.

At the time he was working out of an old gas station or something similar. A few years later he built a very nice shop facility. Must have been doing well.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #43  
Have to get a liner for F-150. Thinking spray in...Rhino or Line X . Any opinions?
I've had Rhino lining in my 2003 F-150 for 20+ years and I prefer it over the LineX. I went with Rhino because it is thicker and more "rubbery", and seems more slip resistant, than LineX which has a harder and more abrasive surface. They were also able to color match Rhino, not sure if LineX can or if that, or if it is something you may want.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #44  
No one has mentioned this product, Bed Rug. I've used one for 18 years now and it's held up very well. Easy to remove if needed also. Except for a few small dents as the padding started to no longer pad, the bed looks new still. I do have a cap on that one but have had it off enough times to know it'd still hold up. But the spray in is most likely easier to clean but both can be hosed or light pressure washed.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #45  
Have to get a liner for F-150. Thinking spray in...Rhino or Line X . Any opinions?
2CBE54D2-F218-4599-94D4-DE6FA7F783FA.jpeg

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #46  
Best bedliner I have ever owned!

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #47  
I've had both Rhino and Line X. I was pretty rough on both but the Line X seemed to hold up a lot better.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #48  
Last truck came with a spray in, but I still put a mat in to keep things from sliding all over the place. My 2020 came w/o any kind of liner. I put a mat in to keep things from sliding all over the place. It’s a truck. If the bed gets banged up so bad it bothers me to look at it, then I’ll think about a spray-in liner to cover it up. I’ve had two trucks with the plastic, drop-in liners. I prefer the spray-in, or roll-on doityourself type. Every truck needs a bed mat IMHO, unless you haul sand, dirt, etc.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #49  
What are you needing the liner to do? If you are protecting the bed from dents get a plastic liner .

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #50  
^^^ Yeah, I use my bed for tools and building materials, usually with the tailgate down with longer materials so my no slide rubber mat is important for me. Dings and scratches in the box are minor if you're the owner/operator.
All that said the type of "liner" has more to do with your use of the truck.
My use is drastically different than a brick Mason, firewood or concrete guy where it's hard to beat the old drop in plastic type. Heck we were satisfied for years with a sheet of 3/4" plywood for years!
I'd pull out the mat once or twice a year to sweep the bed out and clear the drain holes and never witnessed any corrosion from the topside and never owned a drop on but have heard more than once that it had worn off the paint in places.
That 1 mat I bought lived in 4 consecutive pickups, for something like $70 about 25+ years ago. 😆