Pick Up Bed Liners

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #71  
Check with your Ford dealer about connecting the brake controller. Some models have to use the factory Ford brake controllers. if there is a brake control connector under the dash then an aftermarket brake controller should work fine. All spray in bed liners companies use similar products. A friend of mine became a dealer for one of the major spray in bed liner company's so that they could use their products in a roofing business. mostly for coat inside of hvac air handlers and evap coolers. The spray in liners are two part products (liner and hardener) similar products are available online for about $150. $300 for a liner installed is a pretty good price considering the prep work and masking required for spraying in the liner.

Last edited:
   / Pick Up Bed Liners #72  
Dualliner. The best of both worlds. Rubber mat to protect the floor of the bed and keep things from sliding, plastic sides to protect the side of the bed. Lifetime guarantee. Installed one right after I got my truck 6 years ago and haven't looked back.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #73  
Well guys a lot of opinions and a lot of pluses and minuses for spray ins-both brands -as well as plastic.. I was all set to go with Line X (I have a booked date in June) and then I thought about my aluminum bed 150. I frequently am moving a heavy PTO Valby chipper as well as a grapple and the thought of them on a liner bed makes me think twice.

The other thing is I can get a Duraliner for under 300 bucks and the Line X is over 600! Now my other question for another thread has anyone hooked up a brake controller on a 150 that only has the hitch as part of the package.??:cool: And you no longer get an owners manual..look it up on your screen:unsure:
Do you have the wiring hookups in your bumper? Both the flat four and the big round one? If so you can add the factory brake controller but you have to get the dealer to program it or if your a do it yourselfer you can do it. There is a program called Forscan that I understand is free and you just need to get a cord to go from a phone, IPad or laptop to your OBD port on your truck. There is a bunch of different settings you can control with Forscan.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #74  
I've had three different types, plastic box, bed mat and Rhino spray in. Plastic box is slick and doesn't really protect the bed from debris getting underneath. I liked the bed mat for stability but it doesn't protect the fender wells or side walls plus it still get's debris underneath. I have the Rhino sprayed in bed now. I really like it but make no mistakes, if you use your truck for more than a taxi, you will chip the lining off. I have several small spots that has popped out.

I would still get the Rhino lining again. I have a 2017 Ram 1500.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #75  
My 04 3500 came with LINE X and it held up great for the 8 years I had it. I shoveled stone out of it, firewood, deer blood you name it. When I bought my ‘21 it had a plastic drop in and I took it out almost immediately. The truck had 12k miles on it and the plastic liner had already scratched and rubbed to bare metal in a few sports. Did Line X again and its been great so far. Lifetime warranty.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #76  
Have to get a liner for F-150. Thinking spray in...Rhino or Line X . Any opinions?
I had the Rhino on an old truck that I had. I thought it would be a good idea but I never like it. I personally like to be able to slide a heavy object (refrigerator or stove) once I got it in the bed toward the cab. I can tie things down to keep them from moving. If you slide it on a spray liner you will probably damage the lining. After a couple years the spray in liner really faded (not evenly) from the sun and didn't look that good. I've had five pickups and never had one that rusted away, and I usually kept them for about 15 years. Depending on what you're using your F150 for, there is a bedrug that attaches with velcro to the bed. My wife's pickup has that installed, with a hard tonneau cover.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #77  
Have to get a liner for F-150. Thinking spray in...Rhino or Line X . Any opinions?
The reason I always go with drop in liners is because they are cheap and you don't dent the bed dropping heavy things in. I deal with guys that have sprayed liners all the time and I don't like how they can be skinned and gouged sliding equipment in the beds. I know the sprayed liners cost a ton more.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #78  
I have had both the plastic drop-in and Line-X. The spray-in probably works best if it is on a new truck, before any scrapes that rust have occurred.
Drop-in + side is that you can slide things easily into and out of the bed. On the - side, things slide too easily in the bed when transporting things and they trap dirt/moister that rusts the bed.
Spray-in + side is that things don't slide easily in the bed when transporting things, holds up very well if applied on a new truck. On the - side, things don't slide easily to load or unload. Can also be cut by sharp cargo (but no pealing or rust on mine after 12 years of use).

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #79  
I worked in the truck accessories industry for 8 years and had contacts in it for 10 years before that. We had drop in liners in all of our delivery pickups. As a demonstration at a truck accessory show we were challenged to pull out the liner to show how badly the bed had fared. The truck we had there was 5 year's old and had the drop in liner since the beginning. We were quite nervous as we had never pulled a liner out before to look for rust. To our amazement, and the spray liners companies embarrassment, bed was almost pristine. There were spots where the paint had lost its gloss, but nowhere was the paint gone or rusted. Admittedly the liner was a higher quality than others, but it proved to a fair amount of people that drop in liners are a waste of money. I will admit that spray liners are a good investment simply because of the hype surrounding them. But for my money a good, skid resistant, drop in liner is better.

/ Pick Up Bed Liners #80  
I had a drop in liner in a truck years ago. I didn't like it much because it was so slick. I worried about the bed rusting, so I pulled it out after about 5 years and the bed was perfect. I waxed it heavily, put the liner back in and didn't worry about it after that.