Parking etiquette

/ Parking etiquette #1  

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
So I recently bought a new unit in a 12 condo building. All spaces are owned by different contractors of different trades. Each unit is 30' wide, and has a 16' wide door with a man door next to it. Basically giving you a single parking spot in front of your man door to park and keep access in and out of your overhead door. .. without exaggeration, my neighbor has had vehicles parked in my spot no less than 6x in the last month. I'm sick of asking..telling them to move. Today, I pull in and again..there is one of their cars in front of my door. So I pull my truck right up in the middle of his overhead door, put it in park and leave in another one of my vehicles. .. I'm not trying to be a dick but maybe they will finally get the hint.

/ Parking etiquette #2  
It's got to be frustrating. Some people just don't think... or care. I once rented an upstairs apartment. The driveway was wide enough for two vehicles, and long enough for several in each side. Anytime somebody came to visit the apartment downstairs they would park behind me, to keep from blocking her in. :confused: One day I got POed, got into somebody's car who had left the key in it and backed it down the road, leaving it 2 doors down in the old schoolhouse parking lot.

/ Parking etiquette #3  
It's got to be frustrating. Some people just don't think... or care. I once rented an upstairs apartment. The driveway was wide enough for two vehicles, and long enough for several in each side. Anytime somebody came to visit the apartment downstairs they would park behind me, to keep from blocking her in. :confused: One day I got POed, got into somebody's car who had left the key in it and backed it down the road, leaving it 2 doors down in the old schoolhouse parking lot.

Mis-parked cars have a tendency to have two flat tires at once, on the same side, with both punctures in the sidewall.

/ Parking etiquette #4  
We managed apartments in Anchorage for the first year and a half when we got there. What a PITA. Somebody was ALWAYS creating a problem or had a problem. We gave up on the parking situation. Posted signs - park wrong - find your vehicle at the tow company. NO exceptions. Didn't take long - everybody became pretty careful.

/ Parking etiquette #5  
My Lady Friend manages Condos. Why anyone would want to subject themselves to all the BS that goes with that mode of domicile is beyond me. The BIG problem is, that land is expensive and the builders never allow for one more parking spot than the zoning specifies. There simply isn't enough parking! Apparently the calls my friend gets from people that have been towed are over the top, with most expecting the condo to pick up the tab.

/ Parking etiquette #6  
^^^
It takes all types. Years ago I went on a half-day deep sea fishing trip with a group from work. One of the guys got there late, and apparently to impress his girlfriend, left his car right out front in a no-parking zone. I'm not sure how impressed she was at the end of the trip when the rest of us were getting into our vehicles and going home, while he had to find out where his car had been towed and make arrangements to get it back.

/ Parking etiquette #7  
So I recently bought a new unit in a 12 condo building. All spaces are owned by different contractors of different trades. Each unit is 30' wide, and has a 16' wide door with a man door next to it. Basically giving you a single parking spot in front of your man door to park and keep access in and out of your overhead door. .. without exaggeration, my neighbor has had vehicles parked in my spot no less than 6x in the last month. I'm sick of asking..telling them to move. Today, I pull in and again..there is one of their cars in front of my door. So I pull my truck right up in the middle of his overhead door, put it in park and leave in another one of my vehicles. .. I'm not trying to be a dick but maybe they will finally get the hint.

Take a picture and send it to the condo management and a copy to the neighbor. Tell them you're going to start having them towed. Send them an invoice for $20 each time they park there.

/ Parking etiquette #8  
There are uber aps. There should be one where you can request for a vehicle to be stolen! lol

/ Parking etiquette
Take a picture and send it to the condo management and a copy to the neighbor. Tell them you're going to start having them towed. Send them an invoice for $20 each time they park there.

If there were even a possibility of getting the 20.00... I may consider it. But IMHO..it's a waste of time. I'm done asking nicely..if it happens again,I'm going to tie a chain to whatever is there and drag it out into the parking lot.

/ Parking etiquette #10  
Unfortunately, here, you would be charged with mischief to private property. Or some such thing. A friend used to work at a tranny shop, so he knew his way around vehicles. Someone once blocked him in, so he crawled under their car, disconnected the shift quadrant, put in in neutral, pushed the car out of the way, put it back in park, but left the quadrant disconnected.