Pallets in fields

/ Pallets in fields #2,041  
Resistance is futile.

The Solving of this Riddle could have sumting to do with the missing Airplane...:scratchchin:

/ Pallets in fields #2,042  
Maybe the 777 got caught in the vortex and went back in time, to an era where there was no jet fuel. How will they get it refueled and flying over the vortex again to get re-entry into this time and space?

/ Pallets in fields #2,043  
Don't know if this is the best place to ask this, but couldn't find a better place.

I have noticed over the past few years that the local farm fields get populated with a pair of pallets leaned up against each other to form a inverted V shape. they are always out near the middle of the field, in a line, and about 500 to 700 feet apart.

Now during the Spring and Summer they are nowhere to be seen, and in late Fall they are out there again. As far as I know (not having been out in the middle of these fields) from driving by every day there is nothing out there that needs protection such as a irrigation pipe, so I can not figure out what purpose they serve.

I mentioned the original question to my neighbor and without a blink he said the pallets mark the locations in the field where the sprinkler irrigation heads are to be placed. Pallets will be used to ensure the heads do not sink in the soil. Sprinkler head locations are always overly wet and the heads with their constant vibration tend to sink unless they are sitting on something like a pallet.

Well, that's it I guess. :confused3:

yeah, I guess the fun is over!
NOT SO FAST!
I. Sure, pallets might be a good way to keep irrigation heads from sinking into the groung in oosik's home state of WASHINGTON and maybe even NEW JERSEY where the pallets in question are placed BUT,
A. We only have oosik's neighbor's word for that.
B. The New Jersey soil might be different.
C. Anyone setting up a vortex into time travel or a gateway into another dimension would be sue to set up a good cover story and plant agents in every state to disseminate it.
D. Even if irrigation sprayers are set on top there's no reason someting mysterious can't be hidden underneath.
II. Where's Steve.
III. Oh, the humanity!

Resistance is futile.

Stuckmotor got off to a good start then veered off into lunacy himself.

Some questions for the "Sprinkler" theorists.

1. What sort of commercial ag. irrigation system uses ground-level sprinkler heads spaced "500 to 700 feet apart"?
2. The pallets show up in the fall. Wouldn't the pallet formations interfere with the springtime planting of the crops that are to be irrigated in the summer?
3. Sparc makes no mention of having seen the fields in question being irrigated. Would we not expect that he would have considered that to be a relevant fact?

Steve

/ Pallets in fields #2,044  

1. What sort of commercial ag. irrigation system uses ground-level sprinkler heads spaced "500 to 700 feet apart"?
2. The pallets show up in the fall. Wouldn't the pallet formations interfere with the springtime planting of the crops that are to be irrigated in the summer?
3. Sparc makes no mention of having seen the fields in question being irrigated. Would we not expect that he would have considered that to be a relevant fact?

Steve

Yes!!!!! The Quest continues!!!!!!! Yeaaa For Steve!!!

Now where is hiding the Plane?

/ Pallets in fields #2,045  
I mentioned the original question to my neighbor and without a blink he said the pallets mark the locations in the field where the sprinkler irrigation heads are to be placed. Pallets will be used to ensure the heads do not sink in the soil. Sprinkler head locations are always overly wet and the heads with their constant vibration tend to sink unless they are sitting on something like a pallet.

HOGWASH .. I call foal .. You stated "constant vibration tend to sink unless they are SITTING on something like a PALLET... There is no bottom pallet ...

/ Pallets in fields #2,048  
There's no involvement on my part.
Let's hope that the aviation experts make more progress in solving their mystery than we have made in solving ours.
Steve

That's too bad. It would be nice if you were entertaining passengers and crew at one of your vacation homes. The one with the long runway.

/ Pallets in fields #2,049  
Among the debris spotted in the Indian Ocean that is suspected to have come from the missing air liner, was a wooden pallet. There might be a connection here.

/ Pallets in fields
#2,050  

Steve

To update, I noticed this week that they have all disappeared, at least all the fields I have passed in the past week which is when they appear to have been taken up. Those fields are starting to show some green this week too.

Still have not found anyone here who can answer they why about this practice, but when I do get an answer I will post it here.

I noticed that some of the fields silhouette cutouts of coyotes and even a bald eagle as you can see in the photos below. Maybe the pallets are just an inexpensive way of accomplishing the same thing because those are now gone too.

20140309_001.jpg20140309_002.jpg