Paint source/brand/type

/ Paint source/brand/type #1  

jaxs

Elite Member
Tractor
841 ford,MF65,Cub Lowboy,,Ford 600
Ok today is two-fer day so here's my first. Do you feel it's worth the added effort to paint nuts,bolts and washers before reassembling the tractor/equipment following repair? Second question is where,what and how do I find paint that mimics gold shade of many new fasteners?

/ Paint source/brand/type #3  
Naked hardware for me thanks.

/ Paint source/brand/type
Thanks for the opinions ,looks to be 100% in agreement so that answered my question. I always suspected I might be a bit snobbish about restored tractors and farm equipment but I never realized how alone I actually am. If anything looks worse to me than painting starter,distributor cap,generator,fan blade, wires and fasteners the same color as tractor it's painting old red belly Fords blue. ☹️

/ Paint source/brand/type #6  
I paint all the bolts on my tractors and implements or coat them with some antirust spray.
When I sell my used equipment almost everyone comments on how nice it looks, WHICH means they see that its been well taken care of and it brings more money to the table.
And who doesn't like to get top dollar for their stuff?

/ Paint source/brand/type
I paint all the bolts on my tractors and implements or coat them with some antirust spray.
When I sell my used equipment almost everyone comments on how nice it looks, WHICH means they see that its been well taken care of and it brings more money to the table.
And who doesn't like to get top dollar for their stuff?
Evidently LittleBittyBigJohn and Wrangler. :giggle:

/ Paint source/brand/type #8  
I typically don't paint fasteners, paint that matches the frame of the tractor is used on those odd occasions. I never paint the filters, as some brands do on their new tractors. My tractor is stored inside so rust or rust streaks don't develop, always get top dollar when I sell. (y)

/ Paint source/brand/type #9  
Back in '02 when I refurbed the Ford, I bought many new nuts and bolts. Looked nice, but 20 years later it needs repainted again.

/ Paint source/brand/type #10  
Shine sells....