Owning HP wakeup call

/ Owning HP wakeup call #11  
I drive a hybrid.... can I count it?

:unsure:

/ Owning HP wakeup call #14  
This got me thinking about how many engines I actually have and maintain which is considerably more than I would have guessed off the cuff. Then it makes me think that maybe torque should be counted for diesels instead of hp

/ Owning HP wakeup call #15  
I drive a hybrid.... can I count it?

:unsure:

Sure here is my new electrics "declared" HP

quite a bit short of my TA and close to the 455 powered RX 7
4 X the Kawi z900RS

That gets me 1400+ without the wife's AMX or two Cummins powered trucks what do we win?

Speeding tickets?

Attachments

• PXL_20230322_224002334.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230322_224002334.MP.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
   / Owning HP wakeup call #16  
However, that was when I was 60, not 40.

I don't think any combination of simultaneously owned vehicles and/or equipment would have reached 500hp, let alone 1000 at any point before that age.
If you counted the kids vehicles...... then we smoked it. But at that point the kids were driving vehicles they purchased. Dodge Cummins, Nova, PT cruiser, Ford F150 v8, Chevy Tahoe V8. But the kids purchased their vehicles so I won't count it. We were sitting around 700hp at that point between my wife and I with the F150, Tahoe, and lawn, garden equipment.

Currently..... sitting around 500hp.

Trucks around 320hp, cars around 150hp, and a 27hp zero turn.

/ Owning HP wakeup call #17  
I have no idea..... :ROFLMAO:

/ Owning HP wakeup call #18  
Back in the early 70s I owned three old Peterbilt cabovers that had 425hp 1693 CAT engines in them at the same time.
As far as cars go five cars by the time I was 20 totaled 1500hp.

/ Owning HP wakeup call #19  
A thousand HP by the age of 40? not even close here.

Even now, I top out at 650 and is probably the most I'll ever get....or want actually.

/ Owning HP wakeup call #20  
Coworking from the UK was talking, I guess "a thing" among him and his friends was owning 1,000 HP by the time they were 40. Didn't matter how many engines or what type it took to get to 1,000 HP. Of course I had to start calculating...1,569 HP was what I came up with. Pretty respectable but then I counted all the engines it took to get there, 21. Three are purely recreational (dirt bikes for the children) but all the rest are for work, kind of shocked me a bit.

So figured I'd see what numbers everyone else has and if you think there's anything you could cut or want to add?
Try adding up the cost of fuel you have used over your lifetime. Now look at how many tons of carbon you've dumped into the atmosphere.

I added it up for my 3/4 ton crew cab 6.6L V8 turbo diesel 6.5 foot box 4x4. I was averaging 14,000+ lbs of CO2 per year driving a 10,000 lb truck with an empty bed more than half the time.