Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #321  
I'm gonna go to Ramforums and check on that 'cargo view' camera issue.
I installed a second camera. Yours probably allows more than one.
I have one at top of the cab shield to monitor the gooseneck hitch ball. I can back right up to the gooseneck trailer and never get out to look at any alignment.
The other camera is down at the bumper pull hitch. I can back up to trailer perfectly.

Youll love it.

Last edited:
   / Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #322  
I’ve had my Apple phone not hook up. I usually just unplug it and plug it back in again.

Last edited:
   / Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500
Here it is. Just over 6 weeks from the day I ordered it until it’s parked in my driveway.
278212D6-A2D9-4E4C-A68E-B48C148263E1.jpeg
E626CE67-725C-40EC-82EB-1533355BBC47.jpeg
45F16708-D0E5-4ECE-9E34-928B950FF9D7.jpeg
070F1219-26E3-4F1E-91FC-AED81A67F5A3.jpeg
E3A2640E-F198-4E31-9892-91372A9657FC.jpeg

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #324  
And now you're DRIVING IT! (y)

Never had the transmission control “knob”. How’s it compared to stalk?

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #325  
Picked up the truck yesterday. It sure is nice! The UConnect 5 entertainment system with the 12" screen is amazing. I could go on and on. I've never had a truck this nice, but my wife's Expeditiion Limited is close.

A couple of things I am disappointed with though. I thought I had ordered 'power fold' mirrors, but the truck doesn't have them. Also the 'cargo view' camera isn't working. The tech said that ALL cargo view cameras on all Rams has recently quit working. He said that Uconnect should have a software fix for this soon.

And, before I left the dealership, I had my phone connected to the 12" screen with Apple CarPlay, but I could not get it up on the screen when I got home.

Minor issues....Otherwise it's really nice. I can lock/unlock and start the engine from my cell phone from anywere in the world. From the outside, it looks like a plain truck, but the inside is really fancy. I'll post some pics after it gets daylight later this morning.
Glad you got it home. Nice that it didn't get hung up at any shipping yards for weeks, as can happen.

The cargo view camera is indeed pretty useful. Love mine.

Your CarPlay situation sounds like mine. When I picked my 2017 up the system had Android Auto. I just barely played with it at the dealer. Didn't get back in the truck for a day or two and when I went back in to start exploring the feature was gone. An update had occurred that disabled it. And they never put it back on my model of Uconnect system. :-(

That remote start/lock/locate Uconnect app is also really handy. Just beware that after the first year they start charging you for access to do it. The first few years the subscription wasn't too bad - they had a 'half-price' sale every March for about $75. Then in 2020 they changed subscription models and the cost went up to like $129/yr. I skipped it. But in 2021 they had a plan for around $90 so I went back to it. This one came with a free T-Mobile adapter for in-vehicle wifi but I've never used it because I only use my phone in the vehicle, not a laptop or tablet.

i-nR5pLxF-X3.jpg

I installed a second camera. Yours probably allows more than one.
I have one at top of the cab shield to monitor the gooseneck hitch ball. I can back right up to the gooseneck trailer and never get out to look at any alignment.
The other camera is down at the bumper pull hitch. I can back up to trailer perfectly.

Youll love it.
It already has 2 cameras. Just the one up on top of the cab is not working.

Your CarPlay situation sounds like mine.

That remote start/lock/locate Uconnect app is also really handy. Just beware that after the first year they start charging you for access to do it. The first few years the subscription wasn't too bad - they had a 'half-price' sale every March for about $75. Then in 2020 they changed subscription models and the cost went up to like $129/yr. I skipped it. But in 2021 they had a plan for around $90 so I went back to it. This one came with a free T-Mobile adapter for in-vehicle wifi but I've never used it because I only use my phone in the vehicle, not a laptop or tablet.
I just went out and connected my Iphone with the usb cable and CarPlay was all there and worked fine. At the dealership, we had connected it with BlueTooth and it worked fine there, but I can not get it to work with bluetooth here at home.

I did not know that there will be a future cost for the Uconnect App. It is handy for now. And, I have six months of Sirius XM included with the truck. I'm not sure I will pay for it after the 6 months. I might just use Pandora or I Heart Radio from my phone.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #328  
I just went out and connected my Iphone with the usb cable and CarPlay was all there and worked fine. At the dealership, we had connected it with BlueTooth and it worked fine there, but I can not get it to work with bluetooth here at home.

I did not know that there will be a future cost for the Uconnect App. It is handy for now. And, I have six months of Sirius XM included with the truck. I'm not sure I will pay for it after the 6 months. I might just use Pandora or I Heart Radio from my phone.
There are so many streaming options for music that unless a person is addicted to a particular channel on XM there really isn't a reason to have that service. Pandora, Prime Music, Apple Music, Spotify, etc. are all great ways for music. Plus there is iHeart Radio for actual radio stations and podcasts.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #329  
The way my Apple phone hooks up with my truck, keep in mind it’s a Ford, the phone will hook up by Bluetooth but a lot less stuff is available, mainly all you apps. With it hooked up with a wire you can see most of the apps on your phone.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #330  
This may have been posted but just in case it wasn't, you can look up your trucks build sheet, add your VIN at the end of the link;

You can also get your Windows Sticker;

I ordered a 1500 Longhorn on the 30th of November 2021 and took delivery of it yesterday (just over 8 weeks). I live 15 miles from the Sterling Heights Assembly plant where this was minted on the 13th of this month.

ItsAllMine.jpg