Anybody get Shocked After ordering?

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #1  

RubyRu

Tractor
IH2444
Kubota and a dealer priced me right out of my tractor that I ordered. I ordered from a dealer 2hrs away because their price was $2k less than my closer dealer. It was an L4701DT w/FEL/BH92 with money down and a promise that since I ordered before the Jan.1, 2022 price increase my price was locked in. The tractor arrived 11 1/2 months later with a price tag that was $8K more than I was promised. The dealer told me tough crap! The regional manager says that since I am not within their Area of responsibilty I am not entitled to any price protection! They even provided me with the kubota document that says my price was protected through December 31st, 2022 and still they deny they did anything wrong. That said I am lawyering up. I have another "interview" with a firm this coming week. I edited the picture. Since it was provide to my by the dealers free will I didn't believe that there would be any legal issues. Regardless it was cleaned up
Kubota Price Protection.png

Last edited:
   / Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #2  
I would take down names out of that document. Especially so that it has turned to a legal issue.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #3  
Good luck and be sure to let us know how everything turns out.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #4  
This is the first I've seen from the tractor dealer, but I've seen thread after thread of auto dealers doing this to their buyers time and again on other forums.

I don't know if I'd even want to buy from them if they're trying to play ****-**** games.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering?
I edited the pic and reposted Sorry if I offended anyone. The problem I have is that because of the problems, I will have deal with this dealer if the case ends up in my favor. Kubota has said that they do not have any control over what their dealers do for pricing. I have in writing that a down payment prior to Jan 1,2022 will lock in my price. I have signed documents from Dec. 31, 2021 showing that I ordered the tractor and put a down payment on it. The dealer and Kubota's response is 'You're just mad." Well of course I am mad!! I'm not sure I know anyone that wouldn't be. Like I said they are hanging their hat on the statement by the regional manager saying that since I didn't live in a certain area I'm not elligible for the same considerations as a person who does live there. That is 100% discrimination in my book. If the dealer had told me when I made the 2 hour trip with the cash that the price would likely go up I would never had gone. The only thing they said was "We can't guarantee when the tractor will arrive." They also told me that as soon as the tractor went into production they would be notified and they would let me know so we could initiate the financing. That never happened. The tractor just showed up one day and I get a call telling me that I need to come up with another $8K

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #6  
welcome to the forum, but sorry under these circumstances. at this point, might be wise for legal council. good move to save all documentation. like yourself, believe it would be premature to pay 8k until you have explored your legal option. keep us informed `
my 1st line of defense would be that they did not inform you of price increase until after the fact. how difficult would that have been? that way you could accept or decline before the machine arrived.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering?
One of the most frustrating parts of the whole ordeal is the fact that since they promised me a tractor at a certain price I was fully believing that I was going to get that tractor. Now because of their promise I did not pursue other tractors. The prices of a 2020/2021 similarly outfitted like the one I ordered are almost as much as what mine was new. I literally spent hundreds of hours lurking here and other Orange forums etc. trying to learn and make the best informed decision and get the tractor that best suited my needs. Of course now, finding that exact tractor on a lot especially anywhere near me is impossible. I am exploring the used market heavily, but everything of any kind of interest is 700-1600 mles away and will cost $1500-$3000 extra for delivery. The one I ordered was going to be delivered to my door. It's just pitiful. I just want to be prepared in case for some reason I come out on the brown end of the stick in court that I have an idea of what is available and that seems to change by the minute.

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #8  
time to seek legal council. if the original dealer transaction is documented, & there was no notification of 8k increase, believe you have a case. don't in any way feel intimated by dealer's demands. my advice is not to communicate w/them till you get legal advice. at this point, ball's in your "court", best regards
& after resolved in your favor, buy a tractor from another dealer

/ Anybody get Shocked After ordering? #10  
When you agreed to the purchase and made your down payment did your receipt show the full agreed price. If so you should be able to get your tractor at that price. They can't add more to an agreed contract price. Contact an attorney.