Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #181  
If you’re just hauling on the truck like they were really made for it’s plenty of power. When you hook 30,000 pounds of trailer behind it it’s kinda slow.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #182  
If you’re just hauling on the truck like they were really made for it’s plenty of power. When you hook 30,000 pounds of trailer behind it it’s kinda slow.
That’s why the excavators like the road tractors converted to a dump truck. They get the dump truck, but with 350-450HP

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500
I texted the sales manager today, and he said my truck has been "moved to production" and now should be ready by late January or early February, which is much sooner than he originally estimated in late March or early April.

I guess he knows the rule of 'under promise and over deliver'. I'm okay with that. I'll keep y'all updated.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #184  
That’s really exciting. Getting a new truck is still a fun experience. I may have 1 or 2 left before I hang it up.

I finally got my Rams rear shock absorber replaced.….only a 7 month wait for it.
My service writer said they are bracing for the ‘19 & ‘ 20 Cummins CP4 pump recall replacements. He said they have at least 75 ‘19 & ‘20 trucks out there just off the top of his head from their dealership . I think I will wait until he tells me they’ve done 20 or more and it has become a routine for them.

Last edited:
   / Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #185  
I texted the sales manager today, and he said my truck has been "moved to production" and now should be ready by late January or early February, which is much sooner than he originally estimated in late March or early April.

I guess he knows the rule of 'under promise and over deliver'. I'm okay with that. I'll keep y'all updated.
I have a feeling it's past production and waiting for chips.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500
I got an email today from Mopar with my VIN. The email said that once a delivery date has been determined, they will send more info.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #188  
The United States should get their heads out of the sand and manufacture chips here.

Actually, there are 2 companies in the process of building mega chip factories in Arizona. One being Intel and the other being.... a Taiwan based outfit

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #189  
"Consider that a gasser truck with 200k miles is worn out and has a minimal resale value"[B] jyoutz[/B]

not always the case for a gasser... my '92 4x4 Toyota 4 cyl (i purchased new) has 286k, compression 185-195psi across the board, engine never been into other than water pump. but had i purchased used, yes the engine would be worn @200k
but agree, in general, diesels long outlast gasser engines

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #190  
The United States should get their heads out of the sand and manufacture chips here.
LOL! There are several Chip manufacturing plants (Fabs) in the US! But US labor requires higher prices and the automakers wanted cheap!

Texas Instruments (TI) has >5 here in Dallas area alone and is building more. Their old fab in Sherman was scheduled to close in the next 3-4 years, they recently announced plans to rebuild the fab and retool with new(er) equipment.

Then there are other fabs and other companies in UT, NM, CA, OR, AZ, ME, VT, NY, the list goes on. Now a lot of these are making chips for cell phones and other consumer electronics and some DOD items, but a lot are for automotive use.