Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #282  
Seems like whenever someone starts a thread about a truck brand other than Ford, the same 2 or 3 Ford owners troll-up the thread and its ruined.
Says the King Troll. :ROFLMAO:

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #284  
Let's get back on track here and discuss truck purchasing.

As I mentioned previously in the thread, I have two vehicles on order with no prospects of getting either anytime soon. The salesman I deal with is a nice guy. Since the factory allocates just so many new vehicles per dealership, he suggested I place "stock" orders for the same vehicles at other dealerships as well. A stock order means I am under no obligation to buy if and when the truck arrives.

I've been listening to all the dealerships in my city advertising pictures of new vehicles with phrases like "lowest prices guaranteed" and "huge inventory". I decided to take the salesman's advice and visited two other dealerships with the idea of placing orders there as well.

At both locations, I was told no new orders were being accepted. The "huge inventory" turned out to be used vehicles, some of which were 7 years old and of different brands! I got the sales pitch to buy used and "save" from both salesmen! To me, this is just bait and switch advertising.

It appears dealerships are turning into used car lots these days.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #286  
Complete Turf Care - Have you heard anything new on the truck build yet? Just curious.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500
Complete Turf Care - Have you heard anything new on the truck build yet? Just curious.
Nothing since my salesman said it shipped from the factory on Jan 10th

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #288  
I head shop ;foreman say to make a one ton
truck out of a 3/4 one is add two leaf springs
and you have the one ton.
The cummins 5.9 has a big advantage over
some other diesel engines as very easy to
get a lot of hp without the big expense!
I wonder how many vehicles that you could
remove all the pollution crap on them and still
be ahead of the emission tests???? It was in
Oregon or Washington that a lawyer removed
all the pollution crap from his Chrysler because
the neighbors were complaing about the stinky
way the car was stinking up the neighborhood
and it wasw 15 years ahead of the requirements.

willy

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #289  
Let's get back on track here and discuss truck purchasing.

As I mentioned previously in the thread, I have two vehicles on order with no prospects of getting either anytime soon.

I ordered a new RAM 1500 on November 30, 2021. The next day I received an email from RAM thanking me and giving me my VIN number. On January 11th I received my build sheet, my truck was built on the first shift of January 13th, and my Window Sticker was sent to me on the 14th. The truck is now in transport to my dealer.

Maybe things are getting better.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500
My salesman said it should be in this week. I'm headed to a trade show and should be back Friday morning (if the weather allows air travel). I hope to pick it up Friday.