? on B2650 50 hr. service

/ ? on B2650 50 hr. service #1  

HEC

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 @ B2650HSDC
My dealer is 50 miles away so when I got the tractor I bought hyd. fluid , oil , and filters for the 50 hr. service . I only bought an oil filter ( HH160 ) and one hyd. filter ( HH660 ) as that is what they said I needed . I just looked in the manual and find out there is another hyd. suction filter ( HH670 ) which they didn't tell me about . Should that be changed also ?
Thanks,
Herb

/ ? on B2650 50 hr. service #2  
I would change the oil, oil filter, and both hydraulic filters. I wouldn't mess with the air, fuel, or front end fluid. And grease the zerks.

Attachments

• Kubota B3030 & Red Oak.jpg
    Kubota B3030 & Red Oak.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 342
   / ? on B2650 50 hr. service #3  
I agree with replacing both hydro filters. They are available from messicks with same day shipping

/ ? on B2650 50 hr. service
I agree on changing both, the manual is not very explicit on the hyd. suction filter . I can't imagine why the parts person didn't include that filter or at least mention it .Thanks for the input .

/ ? on B2650 50 hr. service #5  
The owner's manual should have a schedule for the various services. Look in the row for the hydraulic filter and then trace over to the 50 hr column. If there's a dot there, replace it. If not, leave it be. Not all filters get replaced at 50 hrs.

On my B2920, only the HST filter was on the 50 hr service, not the hydraulic filter. On my L3200, both the HST filter and the hydraulic filter were listed on the 50 hr service. Being a B series, I wouldn't be surprise if your 2650 was like my 2920 for maintenance schedule.

EDIT TO ADD: You don't need to replace the hydraulic fluid at 50 hrs, just the filters.

S219 you are correct in the fact that there wasn't a check mark on the hyd. filter but it just seemed strange as it is all the same fluid being used, and under transmission it said ( filters ) for 50 hr. service . For the extra $15.00 I guess I will change both just for peace of mind .

/ ? on B2650 50 hr. service #7  
The filters have two different purposes. I wouldn't bother with the hydraulic filter if it's not called for at 50 hrs. Only certain Kubota models call for it then. You will get it at one of the later service intervals.

The HST filter is easy to do without losing a lot of fluid -- just raise that left side of the tractor up on blocks, or park on an incline so it's uphill. You won't lose very much. The hydraulic filter is harder to change without losing fluid, just because of the way it's plumbed. For that, you'd need to raise the right side, plug the breather port, and maybe pull a suction on the filler port. There are a few suggestions floating around here.

/ ? on B2650 50 hr. service #8  
Using suction (shop vac) on the hydraulic fill port, as suggested in other threads here, worked amazingly well on my B3350 when changing the HST filter at the 50 hour. I had the new filter all prepped (light coat of silicone grease on seal ring) and ready, thinking I'd lose lots of oil. Lost less than half a quart and then it sort of just dripped until I got the new filter on . . . which took some time due to fumble fingers.

bumper

/ ? on B2650 50 hr. service #9  
The owner's manual should have a schedule for the various services. Look in the row for the hydraulic filter and then trace over to the 50 hr column. If there's a dot there, replace it. If not, leave it be. Not all filters get replaced at 50 hrs.

On my B2920, only the HST filter was on the 50 hr service, not the hydraulic filter. On my L3200, both the HST filter and the hydraulic filter were listed on the 50 hr service. Being a B series, I wouldn't be surprise if your 2650 was like my 2920 for maintenance schedule.

EDIT TO ADD: You don't need to replace the hydraulic fluid at 50 hrs, just the filters.

I agree with this and only changed the one fluid filter plus oil and oil filter when I changed mine on the B2620 per owners manual at 50 hours. If you get into the do it anyway because it just seems like you should and with the cost of the equipment mode you'll be wasting a lot of money over the life of a tractor. Oil gets dirty, hyd fluid usually doesn't so that first 50 on hyd fluid one filter is probably to catch any small bits of metal in the first filter.

Decisions Decisions ---------If all else fails follow the manual and just change hst filter , do the eng. oil and filter , the manufacturer should know best . These things cost so much money you hate to cut corners on the smaller stuff. Thanks everyone for your input .